No announcement yet.

Lucas signs extension with GBP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas signs extension with GBP

"It all depends on who he fights. For instance, maybe we make a deal with Ruslan Provodnikov's promoter (Banner Promotions) to do a fight," De La Hoya said. "My understanding is Provodnikov has a first/last (contract position) with HBO. But we also have to keep in mind that Stephen Espinoza at Showtime has been showcasing Lucas Matthysse on his network, so it's a very delicate situation. We'll explore all options, but he's definitely going to fight in March."

thats good for oscar thats for sure i really wanted to see matyssee broner tho

Comment

Great but I really don't know what difference this makes (if any). He's still under contract with Haymon, too, right?

Will Haymon let him fight Arum's guys? Will he be able to fight on HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
        Great but I really don't know what difference this makes (if any). He's still under contract with Haymon, too, right?

Will Haymon let him fight Arum's guys? Will he be able to fight on HBO?
        Sounds like Oscar actually has some pull now with this extension. Look for lucas vs ruslan with Gamboa vs linares on the undercard. Hbo in March

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
          Sounds like Oscar actually has some pull now with this extension. Look for lucas vs ruslan with Gamboa vs linares on the undercard. Hbo in March
          That card is mouth-watering.

Comment

So Lucas while under contract with Haymon as his adviser signs a long contract with Golden boy only to not be able to fight any top rank fighters.

Why won't Haymon do business with Arum?

Comment

So Ruslan does have an exclusive contract? I thought that they were just really loyal because Pellulo was talking about brigning Ruslan to Showtime

Comment

I thought fighters signed under Haymon weren't allowed to accept offers without Haymon's approval per their contract

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  I thought fighters signed under Haymon weren't allowed to accept offers without Haymon's approval per their contract
                  Yeah, the standard Haymon contracts that have been circulated online give him the final call on everything. But maybe, Matthysse's contract was modified during the settlement or maybe he didn't have a standard contract with Haymon to begin with. I'm not sure but Matthysse is one of the only Haymon guys that expressed some frustration in 2014 with not being able to get big fights.

Comment

Well guess he can stop chasing after Danny now

Comment

Working...
                    X