Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters You Loath or Loathed But Have Grown To Respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it has to be Wlad, after watching the movie on him and Vitali I've come to like him more and he's just dealing with whatever's out he there.

But 2Fast gonna beat him!

Comment

Canelo: He was being pampered during almost all of his 154 lbs run, except Mayweather of course, but he is having an amazing run since, and I believe he is good for the sport.

Brook: I don't like him, but I have grown to respect him. Even if he loses his next fight, what he did by going to Champion's backyard and take his title has forever cemented him at least for me a true warrior.

Carl Froch:Well, it was mainly due to Khan, but over time I started to respect him a lot and rank him above Calzaghe.

I don't dislike fighters because I like to dislike them and keep moving the goal post if they accomplish things. If they fight good opposition and show heart in adversity, win/lose they got my respect.

Comment

brook- that porter win showed me he wasnt all mouth and id like to see that khan fight. In fact i feel thats who khan should fight first then go for floyd.

kovalev- i never really disliked him, in fact i believe i might have been one of the first to bring attention to him on this site. That said i thought he might be a bit limited and slightly over rated. Boy did he prove me wrong tho.

Comment

Amir Khan and Tyson Fury. Around 2011 I didn't care for either, I thought they were both hype jobs. Over the years I've come to respect both of them and think they are among the best in their weight class.

Another fighter who I gained a lot of respect for is Broner. Emmanuel Taylor fight won me over after watching it a 2nd time. Broner dug in deep in a close fight and clinched the fight with a nasty uppercut in the final round that dropped Taylor. Moments like those can help shape a fighters career and I won't be surprised if Broner goes on to have a great career.

Comment

Adrien Broner
            Timothy Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
              I loathed Danny Garcia and began to respect him after he beat Matthysse. I then lost that respect when he looked like a noob against "tune-up" Herrera and then fought a disgusting mismatch with Salka.
              Exactly what I was going to say

Comment

bradley. I hate his style, he has zero pop, throws arm punches and manages to win every fight. He's a tough tough guy.

Hey! How can some of you say Broner? That dude faked an injury to try to get Maidana dq'd. No way, man. That dude is a straight up sucka. No respect for punk az

Comment

fighters i didn't like or didn't give a **** about, but now I enjoy
                  Pacquiao, Canelo, Herrera off the top of my head

Comment

As a proud American media outlet which chooses what is popular, I'd have to say Guillermo Rigondeaux' ****ing boring ***** ASS. He Sucks..

He jus beat som Jay-pay-naysee dude... What difference does it maykey... ? But I likke him.

Last edited by damit305; 01-06-2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X