Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux deserves to be higher than Andre Ward P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is ridiculous!!!!! Ward cleaned out a division in dominant fashion and has a better resume, and also undefeated!!!!

Rigondeaux has 1 good win. This is laughable!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      If the rules were enforced by honest referees, Ward would have several losses on his record.

Without his deliberate head butts and clamping his opponents arms, Ward wouldn't be any good.

Why do you disapprove of Klitschko's clinching, while so strongly support Ward who not only clinches, but uses far dirtier tactic than Wlad with deliberate head butts, clamping his opponents arm, hitting off the break, rabbit punching, hitting while holding, etc?
      As opposed to the way Floyd excessively holds and clinches. Not to mention constantly uses his elbows and forearms to push off to the face.

I assume you feel like that should be enforced by referees in every fight to right?Yet he gets not so much as a warning!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        Much more? In what way? Ward is a much more balanced fighter. He arising has an inside and outside game.
        just look at their fights, rigondeaux is ridiculously skillful, ward is a bit dirty if we are honest.

Comment

Wards a part time commentator now. Shouldn't even be on the pound for pound list IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            regardless of who has the better resume, rigondeaux is clearly a much more skilled fighter than ward is. p4p isnt just your resume only.
            I disagree. Rigo is extremely talented as is Ward. Ward has shown it against significantly better competition in far more pro fights. Besides, this isn't a serious thread.

Its about undermining Ward because he's universally considered better than wlad, ggg and kov and he beat Froch in dominant fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I disagree. Rigo is extremely talented as is Ward. Ward has shown it against significantly better competition in far more pro fights. Besides, this isn't a serious thread.

Its about undermining Ward because he's universally considered better than wlad, ggg and kov and he beat Froch in dominant fashion.
              you would wouldnt you!

i wasnt aware ward had beaten any p4p fighters? whilst ward has beaten more top level fighters, if they were both the same size rigondeaux would be the fav against ward because he is far more skilled. honestly, ward is a good fighter but highly overrated.

Comment

Ward isn't over-rated. He is one of the most complete fighters not just of this era, but in the history of boxing.

His defense is supreme, and he can fight on the outside, fight on the inside too. That is what is so rare about him. He beat the **** out of Froch on the inside while slipping every damned punch.

He schooled every single fighter in the Showtime tournament. All the best fighters in the whole divsion, no one has done that. Not Pacquiao or Floyd. For both of them there have been people they didn;t want to face. None of them wanted a piece of prime Mosley for instance. None of em will face Thurman, thats for sure. While, not even freaking GGG wants to face Ward.

Comment

Andre Ward does NOT deserve to be that high. Specially with what he's been doing lately.

I agree with Rigo being higher atm.

Comment

Ward should be off the p4p lists due to inactivity... he's still higher than Rigo when active doe as much as I dislike Ward he has faced a much wider variety of styles and better opposition than Rigo.

Comment

Working...
                    X