Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had my 2nd fight without headgear, scored like pro fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    Are you all ****ing serious? The guy in blue CLEARLY won.

(no disrespect to the TS)
    thank you for your feedback. I guess cause he won the fight that makes sense.

Comment

That was a win for you. Wide. Don't know what the hell people were taking about, that guy didn't land clean on you because of your head movement in exchanges.But why get into exchanges when you're the longer jab with better movement? Don't take the risks if you don't have to?

Good jab.

Think of how to box before you get into the ring. It's just variability and math your feet can be in a certain position->you can be on the balls of your toes OR on your heals. I saw one foot stance with your back foot being perpendicular and flat most of the time. This allows for good power on your shots, but stops you from moving in and out fast or finishing when needed. Not a negative thing per say, but learn variability because your opponents strengths and weaknesses are just as variable as your footwork.

Something you might want to add to your arsenal since oyu have some nice pop and speed in your punches is keeping your range on the balls of your toes, feinting/jabbing to cut distance, then planting your front foot followed by your back foot to start a hook/combination with a hook. This allows you to stay mobile while giving you power in exchanges. Again you have to mix it up and make sure not to telegraph your moves (practice making that transition subtle from range to distance in your shadow boxing/warm up) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT3FDZXS1uc Someone just posted this. Look 1 min in when Mayweather measures and cuts the distance to land hooks. Look at what happens to his feet. He goes from his balls to flatfooted to add power

Practice walking in an repeated S or 5 to get your footwork down even better.

Measure more with your jab. You just moved back in a straight line a lot, and shot your right missing and predictably just lowering your head. Someone will time with an uppercut or a feint/hook when you come back up. Something you could have done to land those rights and get out off the ropes/corner was to jab/feint, take a lateral (literally a wide side step) with your left foot and shoot a fully turned right hand while contiuing to move on your way out.

See garcia's first combination in slow motion, paying attention to his left foot changing from his wide left hook to his fully turned over right hand. Look at his chin, touching his chest, tucked in, right hand out and returning by his temple (stopping a left hook counter), left returning to his face after throwing a hook. So his left hook went out and as his right shot out came back. He returned to his guard.

see him also in those highlights use the same footwork drill of two steps back half step out to his left to stop his opponent from getting set to throw punches at a shorter distance. I didn't see any drilled half steps form you in that entire fight. You missed a lot of your over hand rights by a couple of inches when you could have taken a half step forward, throwing your right, and then gotten out by jabbing and taking a full step back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcL8tlInvNM

You should make your speedbag higher and practice keeping your hands up more and returning it after a combination. Not all the time to be predictable, but most of the time. I feel like had your opponent had your same reach, or been like you physically he could have landed some clean shots that would have put you down, simply from the nature of the exchanges and your right hand always being lower than your temple and especially your chin area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TFDkN7L-4
      See 4:50 to fix this.

You kept your chin tuck a lot of the time, but in a lot of your exchanges your eyes during(reactive) and more importantly before (predictive) throwing your right hand and lowering your head/chin were not looking at your opponent, but looking at the floor straight down to the point I doubt you could be seeing your opponent out of the periphery. Your head should not be parallel to the floor The two consequences of this are 1. You are telegraphing your moves with your eyes 2. You are not seeing what your opponent might be throwing/countering or setting up to throw (with your legs or upperbody for instance) when you come back up and could get hit by a shot
      Mayweather did it a few times in the corner against Guerrero.

Rigo also does it with Donaire at 3:43 after getting hit in a combination http://vimeo.com/67996027 Notice again neither's head/chin/eyes is parallel to the floor. Both are angled

Stay active coming in and out of exchanges and realize the ring is the easiest part of boxing as far as work. Most of the thinking and work is done before then.

Something else AMSB would do is to look up at a fixed object and spin for a minute or so just to stimulate what being knocked out it like. Just something else to add to your arsenal

Homework: sometimes matthysse and floyd duck to their right against orthodox fights, why is this?
      Last edited by manimgoindown; 01-06-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by manimgoindown View Post
        That was a win for you. Wide. Don't know what the hell people were taking about, that guy didn't land clean on you because of your head movement in exchanges.But why get into exchanges when you're the longer jab with better movement? Don't take the risks if you don't have to?

Good jab.

Think of how to box before you get into the ring. It's just variability and math your feet can be in a certain position->you can be on the balls of your toes OR on your heals. I saw one foot stance with your back foot being perpendicular and flat most of the time. This allows for good power on your shots, but stops you from moving in and out fast or finishing when needed. Not a negative thing per say, but learn variability because your opponents strengths and weaknesses are just as variable as your footwork.

Something you might want to add to your arsenal since oyu have some nice pop and speed in your punches is keeping your range on the balls of your toes, feinting/jabbing to cut distance, then planting your front foot followed by your back foot to start a hook/combination with a hook. This allows you to stay mobile while giving you power in exchanges. Again you have to mix it up and make sure not to telegraph your moves (practice it in shadow boxing)

Measure more with your jab. You just moved back in a straight line a lot, and shot your right missing and predictably just lowering your head. Someone will time with an uppercut or a feint/hook when you come back up. Something you could have done to land those rights and get out off the ropes/corner was to jab/feint, take a lateral (literally a wide side step) with your left foot and shoot a fully turned right hand while contiuing to move on your way out.

See garcia's first combination in slow motion, paying attention to his left foot changing from his wide left hook to his fully turned over right hand, see him in those highlights use the same footwork drill of two steps back half step out to his left to stop his opponent from getting set to throw punches at a shorter distance. I didn't see any drilled half steps form you in that entire fight. You missed a lot of your over hand rights by a couple of inches when you could have taken a half step forward and then gotten out by jabbing and taking a full step back

You should make your speedbag higher and practice keeping your hands up more and returning it after a combination. Not all the time to be predictable, but most of the time. I feel like had your opponent had your same reach, or been like you physically he could have landed some clean shots that would have put you down, simply from the nature of the exchanges and your right hand always being lower than your temple area.

Stay active coming in and out of exchanges and realize the ring is the easiest part of boxing as far as work. Most of the thinking and work is done before then.

Something else AMSB would do is to look up at a fixed object and spin for a minute or so just to stimulate what being knocked out it like. Just something else to add to your arsenal

Homework: sometimes matthysse and floyd duck to their right against orthodox fights, why is this?
        Nice comment bro, very insightful.

Comment

I also want to stress the name of the game is boxing not knockout. With the amount of jabs you had thrown compared to your opponent who bobbed and weaved in a lot, you could have thrown a feinted jab but thrown a short hook and it would count as a scoring blow/powershot. Vary up your jabs and hooks. Practicing different types. You have great hand speed in combinations, but how but a simple hard fast flicking jab when he was chasing you around to make him think? Or a feint up top and a tab off your back foot downstairs as you continue to move back? You see what I'm saying? Keeping them thinking involves more than just predictably moving your arms at a distance

When he gets comfortable blocking your jabs, half step in, right hand on your face, throw a quick hook around his guard. Make your opponent get comfortable and surprise him. Also you slip punches well on the inside, hopefully you can replicate this on the outside. Practice parrying punches from the outside too to throw counters. You were on the end range of a lot of his punches walking back and could have parried them to throw him off balance (little risk to counter) vs throwing your own jab (more risk to counter) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL261oRyURE and used your range to throw a 1 2 with the 2 landing higher on the forehead a place where you never really landed and could surprise your opponent, making an opportunity for say a 3 and a pivot-> back step back step half step to the left. Thereby circling yourself around an opponent who is trying to cut off the ring ->ring general ship

Look at what Maidana did to Broner. Threw jabs to the body for an entire round, and then came up the top. Broners hands moved down to block a jab from the body and he caught on the max range of a hook upstairs. Even had he not knocked him down it would count as a scoring blow and an effective one if it stunned him. That's how you win scorecards and how some weird decisions occur.
          Last edited by manimgoindown; 01-06-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Good scrap...I gave it to red by a whisker...blue seemed to be the boss in the first 2 but red was landing cleaner shots on the back foot imo....I was literally screaming at the screen for red to feint more in that first round ....blue was counter happy early...a few nice feints would've left him wide open imo....good work though!!!.....both fighters fought hard!!!....respect!!

Comment

good fight man keep it up and if you have more fights post them please

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                good fight man keep it up and if you have more fights post them please
                will do, my next major fight will/should be in july. If i have in any in the meantime or if i find away to download some older intresting fights on here i will.

Comment

Originally posted by manimgoindown View Post

Good jab.

Something you might want to add to your arsenal since oyu have some nice pop and speed in your punches is keeping your range on the balls of your toes, feinting/jabbing to cut distance, then planting your front foot followed by your back foot to start a hook/combination with a hook. This allows you to stay mobile while giving you power in exchanges. Again you have to mix it up and make sure not to telegraph your moves (practice making that transition subtle from range to distance in your shadow boxing/warm up) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT3FDZXS1uc Someone just posted this. Look 1 min in when Mayweather measures and cuts the distance to land hooks. Look at what happens to his feet. He goes from his balls to flatfooted to add power

See garcia's first combination in slow motion, paying attention to his left foot changing from his wide left hook to his fully turned over right hand. Look at his chin, touching his chest, tucked in, right hand out and returning by his temple (stopping a left hook counter), left returning to his face after throwing a hook. So his left hook went out and as his right shot out came back. He returned to his guard.

see him also in those highlights use the same footwork drill of two steps back half step out to his left to stop his opponent from getting set to throw punches at a shorter distance. I didn't see any drilled half steps form you in that entire fight. You missed a lot of your over hand rights by a couple of inches when you could have taken a half step forward, throwing your right, and then gotten out by jabbing and taking a full step back

You should make your speedbag higher and practice keeping your hands up more and returning it after a combination. Not all the time to be predictable, but most of the time. I feel like had your opponent had your same reach, or been like you physically he could have landed some clean shots that would have put you down, simply from the nature of the exchanges and your right hand always being lower than your temple and especially your chin area.

You kept your chin tuck a lot of the time, but in a lot of your exchanges your eyes during(reactive) and more importantly before (predictive) throwing your right hand and lowering your head/chin were not looking at your opponent, but looking at the floor straight down to the point I doubt you could be seeing your opponent out of the periphery. Your head should not be parallel to the floor The two consequences of this are 1. You are telegraphing your moves with your eyes 2. You are not seeing what your opponent might be throwing/countering or setting up to throw (with your legs or upperbody for instance) when you come back up and could get hit by a shot
                  Mayweather did it a few times in the corner against Guerrero.

Rigo also does it with Donaire at 3:43 after getting hit in a combination http://vimeo.com/67996027 Notice again neither's head/chin/eyes is parallel to the floor. Both are angled

Thanks for taking the time to watch my fight and also report on it, obviously you took your time and fully analysed the full thing, especially as im not a pro. Also looking at my good and bad points and giving a reason for each.

Comment

Working...
                  X