Charr vs Haye, should it happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charr vs Haye, should it happen?

Charr hopes to land fight with Haye

"If David Haye fights me, I will donate half of my purse for peace projects in my home country!"

Heavyweight contender Manuel Charr is calling out former world champion David Haye again. “I heard that Haye is still looking for an opponent for his next fight. There’s no need to look any further. I’m right here waiting. Haye himself said that Vitali Klitschko couldn’t beat me – instead Vitali’s doctor won the fight for him. I still want my rematch against Klitschko. And Haye is my way to get there. Let’s do an eliminator for Vitali. I’m ready when you are, David!”

The “Diamond Boy” doesn’t only want to fight for gold and glory, he also wants to fight for the people in his home country Syria. Born as Mahmoud Omeirat Charr in Beirut, Lebanon, he lost his father in a civil war and had to leave Syria to Germany when he was still a child. He made himself a name in his adopted home as “Diamond Boy” Manuel Charr but his heart and his feelings are still with the people in his home country.

“I want to fight for peace and set a sign of hope for Syria. That’s why I will donate half of my purse for peace projects in my home country if David Haye accepts to fight me. I know how it feels to lose your beloved ones in war. We have to stop the killing in the Middle East. I want to become world heavyweight champion not merely for myself but for my people. Everything is possible if we believe in it and fight for it. Peace is possible, too, and it is definitely worth fighting for.”
    Yes, make it happen
    34.78%
    No, Haye needs to fight a better fighter
    65.22%

The poll is expired.

Voted yes.

Charr is young, prime & he can take a good shot. I don't think hes very good technically or does anything great but hes solid and hes a decent bodypuncher.

I think hes one of the most durable contenders out there. Hayes speed, power, movement will give him big problems but if Charr can take it into the mid rounds I think that would get real interesting!

I don't care how ripped Haye is that guy can not fight hard for more than a few rounds. He was blowing badly from as early as round 3-4 against Chisora.
    His stamina & baring in mind he isn't a big heavyweight is absolutely pathetic.

I genuinely feel anybody who is durable and can make Haye work has a chance to beat him.

Comment

Haye will of been inactive for nearly a year, I think Charr is acceptable and would like to see the winner fight Pulev.

If Haye is going to continue fighting bums & over 40s though, completely shot Adameks and the sort then I won't even stream his fights.

Comment

Should it happen? It must happen, and only in Dubai.

Comment

Ahh ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I don't want to see that ****.

But you're right Jab; it's a fight that, at least on paper, makes a lot of sense. Tyson actually suggested a while back that Haye not fight the Klitschkos until he fought a number of common opponents, to see how he fares against guys that the Klitschkos already beat. If Haye beats Charr, he'll have beat Vitali's last two opponents coming directly from challenging him.

Good suggestion. ****in' mismatch, though.

Comment

It could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              It could be worse.
              Haye-Harrison II: Unfinished Business.

Comment

No, he was garbage when Vitali chose him and he's still garbage now.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  No, he was garbage when Vitali chose him and he's still garbage now.
                  This, this and more of this.

Comment

I'd definitely watch it.

Comment

Working...
                    X