Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Good was Edwin Valero?**Prelude to Demarco vs Broner **

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was very impressive how he handled DeMarco, showed some great boxing skills combined with caveman brutality. I think he would have tore Broner a new one, but alas we will never know.

Comment

people hated valero cause he could take out any style fighter, lol, 18 straight first round k.o's isnt either, about 28 fights with all by knock out isnt a accident isnt either, lol, the obliveration of de marco was just easy work for valero who actually tried to box on that fight but he wound up beating the **** of de marco instead

Comment

i think he was majorly being hyped by that fisher guy as the next big thing.

personally i think that dude had julian jacksonesque power, but can be outbox by the elites.

Im not to sure about his chin too though

Comment

I've seen interviews with antillon, mikey garcia and a few other fighters and ALL of them said he was by far the hardest puncher they've ever sparred

Comment

Broner might just out do him.

Comment

Valero would of made for some great fights if he was still alive, I still remember watching that Demarco fight on Showtime. I was telling myself I can't wait to see Valero vs. Pacman once he blew up but unfortunately it never happened due to what he did, still can't believe he took his own life. RIP Valero!

Comment

He was a legend and a future ATG

you hear boxers talk about his mythical power all the time

Mikey Garcia :"I've sparred, Pacquiao, Rios, Martinez (MW Champ) but no one hit harder than Valero"

Comment

He was only a marginally tested prospect who knows what he could have been though, but hey he did ko all of the opponents he fought even if most were club fighter so I guess that is the standard for a future ATG in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    He was a legend and a future ATG

you hear boxers talk about his mythical power all the time

Mikey Garcia :"I've sparred, Pacquiao, Rios, Martinez (MW Champ) but no one hit harder than Valero"
                    Future ATG????? based on what??

Comment

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post
                      Future ATG????? based on what??
                      2 division champ, 100% KO ratio beat amazing boxers with decent careers.
                      He was making HOF's 2-3 weight classes above him quit in sparring.
                      He had an aura about him that was amazing All Time Greatesque even.

It's obvious that he was going to do amazing things in his career had it not been cut short. He's a legend and one of my personal favorites.
                      Wish there was a better way to honor him other than just acouple of sigs

I Miss You Champ, you had nothing left to prove to me

Comment

Working...
                      X