No announcement yet.

Arcade Talk Game Review Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcade Talk Game Review Thread

Reviews from users no one else. I'm seeing great reviews from posters in threads that will eventually die, post your honest game reviews here after completing a game, anyway you want.

I use pros, cons and a overall rating, but rate it however.

Halo reach

Single player - 7.0 good
    Same game from past three Halo games, enemies are basicly the same, still have the same cars, you get to fly in a spaceship, but mosty all the same. Think their ever gonna bring in new enemies to this game? Story, is the same crap. Except now you work in a team, and have supporting charactors, which add to the story, ending wasnt epic, hell I already forgot it.

Online - 8.5 great

Just like the past 3 games but with different abilities, but overall still feels the same as every gun is basicly the same from Halo 1 Halo 2 and Halo 3.Same crap.

Comment

Medal of Honor

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH MODERN WARFARE 2 THIS GAME MAY NOT BE FOR YOU!

HOWEVER if you are looking for an alternative to the whole perk system, camping, noob tubing, etc., etc. This game may be for you.

Ill go ahead and say i dont own Modern Warfare 2 anymore. Got tired of how the game played with all the perks and what not. And to be honest lately it feels like there isnt much of an alternative.

I played Battefield:Bad Company 2 and i like the way the game played without all the perks. Kind of a bare bones multiplayer FPS. It was really fun to play but the maps really were too big and took forever to find a fight.

But Medal of Honor is probably the best alternative to come around.

The Multiplayer

Its a mixture of:

Modern Warfare 2: Small maps, less teammates, quicker action, respawns. But there are no perks crazy kill chains. But they did something cool with MOH's kill chains. instead of picking the chains you want like on MW2, every time you get a perk in MOH it has a defensive bonus or an offensive bonus. For example the 1st tier (3 kills on one life) gives you either Mortar Fire or UAV.

Bad Company 2
      : The multiplayer feels like BC2's multiplayer. Same company, same developer, same engine, same everything. Well of course except for the maps which are much better on MOH. But as to how this game "feels" it "feels" like BC2 if that makes sense. The presentation is different and the unlock trees are different for the weapons. On MOH there are three classes all holding an assortment of weapons. Assault, Close Quarters,Sniper. Im sure you can imagine which are in each of the classes. And you can change these classes after every death so if your getting blasted because everyone is sniping then you can pick the sniper then counter-snipe.

Single Player

To be honest i havent played much of it.

But from the parts i played i will have to say the graphics are stunning. The shadows, character models, environments really pop out.

The one part of the Single Player i like is that they focus on the soldiers being "human" instead of Rambo like dudes who just **** everyone up. And i dont mean that in how many people you kill or the epicness of the action. Because this game is surely over the top also, but i mean that they will show little backgrounds into the characters and make you try to feel for the guys. Kind of a band of brothers type of thing.

Conclusion:

Like i said before, this game probably will not convert you over from MW2. If you like that set up and dig the whole kill hungry, chain unlocking, predator missile ass raping, camp fest then this game will not grab your attention. And i dont think it is meant to.

This game seems to be a bare bones shooter.

Put all bull**** aside. Level the playing field. Man up and get some ****ing headshots.

there arent little classes you can link together so you can rape on this one map if you sit in the back of the hanger and wait for people to show up.

you know what i mean?

But if you are a person LIKE ME who wants to play a barebones shooter with quick action, team based matches then i say GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had a lot of fun playing it.

i really like the teamwork in the Multiplayer matches. They give you more points for helping teammates and completing objectives than getting kills so it forces you to actually play the ****ing game. Now there are still death matches but for the majority of other game types teamwork is necessary.

Comment

Bringing this back. Please participate and review games you've recently beaten or played through.

Dark Souls

Pros: Everything.

Cons: Slightly more story driven than Demons Souls, but still not as much as other RPGS.

Rating: 9.1 Sick.

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Pros: Slightly offbalanced characters change the usage of characters who weren't used much in the previous Street Fighters.

Cons: Yun and Fei are very overpowered, enough to get so many complaints the game is being patched.

Rating: 9

Dues eX:

Pros: Probably Eidos's best game. Much better than all their previous releases.

Cons: In my opinion, boring, easy and uninteresting.

Rating: 7.5

Crysis 2:

Pros: Sick graphics, nice style of gameplay.

Cons: Zzz. Boring.

Rating: 8

Mortal Kombat

Pros: Brought back a 2d classic, and done right.

Cons: Bosses are ridiculously and hilariously overpowered. Rank matches have terrible connections.

Rating: 8.5

Comment

Gears of War 3

Pros: Bigger expansion on horde mode and the introduction of beast mode is great. Good weapon balance for online now it's no longer just a Gnasher fest 24/7, 4 player coop for campaign.

Cons: Getting Seriously 3.0 basically requires giving up your social life completely. Absolutely ridicuous, heard they might make it a bit easier to get but hasnt been confirmed yet. Saw-Off shotgun is OP'd to some degree but it's not to bad if you're mildly decent at the game.

Rating: 9.5

Fifa 12

Pros: Online ranking system is great. Goes by division and 10 games per season where you can get promoted, stay in the same division, or get relegated. Makes it much more exciting where you HAVE to get a win or it may cost you a relegation. The cup mode that comes on every 8-10 days is a great online addition as well. Gameplay is pretty smooth and it's much challenging this year.

Cons: Tactical Defending, but only for the first few days until you get use to the game. Refs are way to strict, penaltys are easily awarded. The player contact engine isn't, where you're guy looks like he gets pummeled down to the ground and nothing gets called but a small touch could result in a booking. Messi has a higher rating than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rating: 9.0

Comment

Fight Night Champion:

I only played part of the campaign. It seemed alright.
            What I mainly focused on was Multiplayer.

Pros: Great graphics, decent character selection. The Legends DLC was great.
            It gave players access to old HW legends like Rocky Marciano,Floyd Patterson, Joe Louis and Jack Dempsey aswell as giving you access to different versions of boxers that were already included in the game such as a Welterweight Duran, Whitaker or Lightweight Oscar De la hoya and Pacquiao, Featherweight Pacquiao, Middleweight Roy Jones etc
            The DLC also included Bareknuckles mode which I thrived in and got pretty close to the top of the Leader boards with a record of something like

W130-L20- (115KO) give or take. Most of my loses came at the end when I stopped playing because of the tuners.

Another great thing was the new stick layout. It was much easier to throws combos.

Cons: From the very start online gameplay was flawed. The boxers were over powered and had virtually unlimited stamina which gave way for the endless and constant Tuners. The tuners were horrible. After a certain amount of time you develop a fighting style which had to be changed with every tuner they released. With the original settings matches wouldn't go beyond 3 rounds. Too much power and too much stamina. Eventually with enough tuners they broke the game again dramatically reducing the accuracy of the boxers and stamina. You would be a tired walking zombie by the 3rd or 4th round.

There doesn't seem to be an end in sight, new tuners are still being released.
            I've resorted to only playing with my brother and an occasionally sonnin someone on Boxingscene. My record is 7-1 (he got lucky)

another con is the whinning and shitty community that plays the game.
            Everyone only gets Tyson & Frost @ heavyweight or Robinson & Bishop at Middle weight. Everyone spams the jab to the body . Everyone complains about something. "too much running, too much brawling, too many counters, blah blah blah"

My Rating: 7.0

Comment

Dark Souls

Gameplay: Ridiculously precise and responsive. Yes, it's a very difficult game, but that difficulty almost always makes sense because it's always based on how you play the game. Every play style works well, every enemy has a pattern to learn, great gameplay.

Graphics: Nothing mind blowing, but the design of the enemies and environments helps the graphics stand out. Some really awesome locations.

Audio: Music is kind of in the background. It's there, but it's nothing special. The voice acting fits, while also not being particularly special.

Replay value: Off the charts. With so many different classes, and so many hidden areas and the covenants you can join, you can play this game a hell of a lot of times and have a different experience each time.

Score: 9 out of 10. It's certainly not a game for everyone, but if you don't mind the process of learning how the game forces you to play, you'll love it.

Comment

Dead Island

Gameplay: Really average. Starts out well enough, and the dependence on the melee weapons is cool, but there are so many bugs and glitches and cheap deaths, and the enemies in certain points just seem to come from nowhere. Really unpolished.

Graphics: The environments are extremely well done, as are the zombies, but your character is subpar. The animations are very bad sometimes as well.

Audio: Pretty good. Music fits at all times, the voice acting is good, satisfying sounds you're killing the crap out of zombies.

Replay value: High. Lots of side quests you may miss the first time.

Overall: 7 out of 10. Starts out with a ton of promise, but when you reach the second act the game becomes infuriating and not much fun. Seems like it needed a little more time to fine tune that it did not get.

Comment

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Summary: You're the Nerevarine, the one to be reincarnated and return to Morrowind to defeat Dagoth Ur (Bad guy) and restore glory to Vvardenfel. (The home of the dark elves).

It's a badass game, very adult oriented, there is hardly any guidance so defeating this game either meant that you spent hundreds of hours exploring the massive continent, or you spent hours raging on google trying to find where a quest took place. Either way, this game is simply massive and has literally endless possibilities.

Oblivion was a more dumbed down, ******-friendly version of this game. You didn't get the racism, drugs or strippers in Oblivion that you learned to love from Morrowind. You also had a giant arrow telling you where your next objective was, in Morrowind you were more on your own. Someone said, go find this guy and kill him, he lives in this city, or near this landmark. You'd set out and find him, it might take you a while because you actually had to search for him, but you'd get there and finish the job. I for one prefer that play style to Oblivion, I don't play an assassin to have the game tell me where and when I can kill my target. I want to do it on my own.

With all respect to previous Elder Scrolls titles(Daggerfall, Redguard, Arena), easily titans in the genre, Morrowind put the series on the map. My only beef is that most of the core fan base showed up when Oblivion came around and never got the opportunity to experience Morrowind in it's prime.

Graphics:

While the original character models were somewhat atrocious, they were bearable. The world however, was gorgeous. Morrowind's graphics engine was years ahead of it's time. The Elder Scrolls has a modding community that easily dwarfs any other and they truly show it, STILL putting out mods every day. Here's a mod called the Morrowind Graphics Extender, that uses the truly amazing engine to make Morrowind look just as good, if not better, than games today.

Gameplay:

The animations are a bit stiff, but there were a ton of different weapons and spells that you can choose from. Combat doesn't get old in this game, especially with tasteful PC mods that allow dual wielding and a ton of attack animations/gore.

Sound:

The Elder Scrolls games always have tracks that immerse you in the game, you feel like you're really there. Along with a ridiculous amount of ambient sounds like birds chirping, water splashing and people walking around, you truly feel like you're walking around in Vvardenfel.

Conclusion:

Morrowind in my opinion, is the greatest western RPG to ever exist. It has infinite replay potential and is just an absolutely wonderful game. Very nostalgic, those who are true Elder Scrolls fans will probably never rate another RPG as high as Morrowind.

Big BRICKS' final verdict on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

10/10

Comment

Uncharted 3

Pros: One of the best third person shooters ever made, along the lines of Metal Gear 4 and Mass Effect. Graphically the best exclusive in years. Great story, constant action. Decent multiplayer.

Cons: Couldn't tell you. It's pretty flawless.

Rating:

Comment

Working...
                    X