Clips of Margarito getting his hands wrapped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    I agree.....good post
    Thats ridiculous. Not everyone believes that. I dont. I think the only people that do are the ones that were inclined to dislike Margarito to begin with and this just gives them justification.
    But there is no evidence of any wrong doing against Cotto other than a warrior performance that wore down Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by poontango View Post
      Thats ridiculous. Not everyone believes that. I dont. I think the only people that do are the ones that were inclined to dislike Margarito to begin with and this just gives them justification.
      But there is no evidence of any wrong doing against Cotto other than a warrior performance that wore down Cotto.
      The fact that his own trainer stated that he wrapped his hands exactly the same way every time, to then retracting his statement by saying he picked up the wrong wraps for the Mosley fight and also with Margarito not apologizing and going behind the Commissions back to try and get his fights sanctioned elsewhere shows Margarito has no regard for humility.

It's like the OJ case. He got acquitted of all charges, but ask anyone with some grasp of common sense and logic and they'll tell you he killed his wife. So though we may never know "officially" if Margarito cheated, the speculation seems to be enough for right now as many Pro Boxers and writers have called his win over Cotto tainted. Sometimes that's worse than just taking the L.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        The fact that his own trainer stated that he wrapped his hands exactly the same way every time, to then retracting his statement by saying he picked up the wrong wraps for the Mosley fight and also with Margarito not apologizing and going behind the Commissions back to try and get his fights sanctioned elsewhere shows Margarito has no regard for humility.

It's like the OJ case. He got acquitted of all charges, but ask anyone with some grasp of common sense and logic and they'll tell you he killed his wife. So though we may never know "officially" if Margarito cheated, the speculation seems to be enough for right now as many Pro Boxers and writers have called his win over Cotto tainted. Sometimes that's worse than just taking the L.
        Maybe some in the industry but not all. And are you really comparing this to the O.J case? Kind of a reach dontcha think?

Comment

Often I wish I could understand Spanish, just so that I could understand clips like that. I'd love to know what MAB is saying.

Comment

Even Barrera says the fighter will know and says it doubles your power...damn Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by dondi330 View Post
              Even Barrera says the fighter will know and says it doubles your power...damn Margarito.
              Specifically, what's he saying towards the end when they're comparing their fists?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Specifically, what's he saying towards the end when they're comparing their fists?
                He was explaining to them how hands are wrapped and essentially saying that you would be able to tell that there is a foreign substance within your handwrap. They also asked MAB if plastered wraps would slow your punching speed down or weigh you down and he responded yes but it would also probably give you double the punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                  The sad thing about all this, is that I don't think Marg needed to wrap his hands, I really don't.

I also don't think he did it in everyone of his previous fights. It's a disgrace to boxing what he has done and I find it hard to believe he didn't know.

I think the punishment should be very severe and I think his career is hanging in the balance.

Sad day for boxing and really a stain on the career of Margarito, a guy I thought was a huge overachiever to begin with but that's what I liked about the guy.
                  did you see the shane mosley fight?

Comment

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
                    He was explaining to them how hands are wrapped and essentially saying that you would be able to tell that there is a foreign substance within your handwrap. They also asked MAB if plastered wraps would slow your punching speed down or weigh you down and he responded yes but it would also probably give you double the punching power.
                    Thanks, that's pretty much the part that interested me the most. Were the other 2 interviewers speaking in a neutral or biased tone about Margs? (i.e. do they praise or diss him).

Comment

Originally posted by syphillis View Post
                      He's playing dumb. He can't be that stupid.
                      Well, Tony showed he is not smart ast all, and now HE IS THAT STUPID.

Comment

Working...
                      X