Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on Canelo-GGG: May, September Are My Dates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HOPE Floyd charges at LEAST $100 ppv. So can laugh at the Rtards who buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Yeah that Berto fight sold SO many ppvs
      yup people forget the last time fans saw floyd they felt ripped off and robbed by him and boycotted his last PPV because of it. This is now actually a bigger mismatch then the Berto fight. Good luck selling that on the same day as the biggest fight that can be made which is a virtual 50/50 fight. It would be a blood bath and a worse flop then Floyd/Berto. Investors would lose too much money to ever allow it to go on the same day as Canelo/GGG.
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-22-2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        yup people forget the last time fans saw floyd they felt ripped off and robbed by him and boycotted his last PPV because of it. This is now actually a bigger mismatch then the Berto fight. Good luck selling that on the same day as the biggest fight that can be made which is a virtual 50/50 fight. It would be a blood bath and a worse flop then Floyd/Berto. Investors would lose too much money to ever allow it to go on the same day as Canelo/GGG.
        Too pay what BOTH are asking for they would need to do over 2 million buys if not 3 million

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          no shot lol hbo has already started promoting it they are committed, every big venue in the world is already begging to throw insane money for the fight. The train has already left the station and dana white who is too shrewd a businessman already conceded they moving the date. Floyd/mcgregor might sell more ppvs if they were on different dates but they are also the one the most hurt if they compete. They can't just sell 1m ppvs they need to try and match floyd/manny ppv dates if you take 1m buys out of the equation this event loses countless millions. Plus there is very little overlap in fans who are excited for both events but the ones who would likely buy a floyd/mcgregor as well as canelo/ggg will choose the canelo fight over it. You are not convincing a single boxing fan to pick that circus over the biggest fight in the entire sport. You are not convincing a mexican to pick that circus over canelo/ggg. Ufc fans and fans who are on the fence and don't buy boxing ppvs might pick floyd/mcgregor but those guys likely wouldn't buy canelo/ggg anyway. And people who buy ppvs just to root for floyd are not as big a group as you think. He sold so many ppvs by playing the villain and getting people from other fanbases to pay to root against him. The bigger the threat the more he sold. Well in this fight he will be probably have the largest odds in his favor to win a fight since he's fought on ppv. Meaning it's viewed as a massive mismatch. Head to head competition hurts floyd's pocket more then it will golden boy
          tl;dr.....

Comment

i think those dates need to be retired and every time they come up a 24 hour replay of floyd-baldomir is replayed

Comment

Those are canelos dates now.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                I disagree...NOBODY who is planning to buy the GGG-Canelo fight would buy the May-Mac fight instead if they announced it for the same weekend. I would imagine 98% of NSB'ers will be streaming this fight anyway, no matter what date it falls on.
                That makes 98% of opinions on here irrelevant. I am the 2%.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  If be interested to see what golden boy would do if Mayweather vs Mcgregor was set for September 16th.
                  Goldenboy would find another date. it's as simple as that...

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Nothing. Mayweather is not gonna go head to head against a Canelo-g string fight. He's not stupid.
                    He's trying to maximize his revenue so why would he risk losing money to Canelo? Mayweather will fight on another day. That simple.
                    Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Its a dumb move by Floyd if he wants to go head on against Canelo GGG.
                    Mayweather McGregor is the bigger fight. Canelo-Bumlovkin WILL get moved to another date. Bank on it..

Comment

I'm not sure that Mexicans are going to choose Floyd over and actual Mexican on a Mexican holiday. Then again, he may be able to pull in a bunch of MMA dollars, so it won't matter. Let them go head to head. Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime for Floyd-McGregor, but there are plenty of suckers out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X