Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Briggs Fails PED Test; Title Fight Vs. Oquendo in Doubt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! It's got to be natural! The Champ is just incredibly manly and has super high levels of testosterone all the time! I'm heartbroken for Briggs, wanted to see him get that one last shot. I guess it will be Oquendo vs Ustinov now. This sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Not surprised in the least bit. Not as if I suspected him of cheating, but this still doesn't surprise me.
      You didn't suspect him of cheating? C'mon buddy. Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Was this part of WBA's new mandatory VADA program? Or did the both volunteer for some reason?
        Volunteered it seems. It think that they just started it too so I wouldn't be surprised if he failed his first test.

http://vada-testing.org/shannon-briggs/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Can't support the #Let'sGoChamp movement any more.

You broke my heart, Shannon Briggs. You broke my heart.
            I know right!? Was real close to purchasing a Let's Go Champ shirt

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              You didn't suspect him of cheating? C'mon buddy. Seriously?
              Didn't give it any thought to be honest, but I'm not one to just throw accusations out there. As I said I'm not surprised though, he's an over 40 year old man trying to make a comeback in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Didn't give it any thought to be honest, but I'm not one to just throw accusations out there. As I said I'm not surprised though, he's an over 40 year old man trying to make a comeback in boxing.
                He's been caught once before and he's in the best shape of his career. Looks like a 25 yr. old. Easy to spot.

Comment

Alright, if this fight gets cancelled, here is what the WBA needs to do imo. This has gotten 1 fight out of the way, so instead of mandating Ortiz to fight Joshua, let Joshua take a rematch vs Wlad and then his mandatory defense of the IBF belt against Pulev. While this is going on, order Ustinov up to fight Oquendo for this regular title and make Ortiz the mandatory first defense for the winner of that fight. Then, the timelines should match up, so that at the end of it all, most likely Ortiz will be the WBA regular champ taking on the super champ Joshua. But this way it allows the other necessary fights to take place and still clears the picture up in a relatively smooth manner.

Comment

Not really a breaking story

Comment

Briggs should've retired after the Vitali fight although he had been caught cheating before that.

Comment

Working...
                      X