UFC commentator Joe Rogan makes a fool of himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
    Rogan's point prevails...

May-Pac is over...Video mentions their PPV number,s, but neither fighter is the same draw they were before their fight.

Canelo is a star, but a boxing star, not close to the kind of crossover star McGregor is.

Triple G is not really "famous".

Lomachenko is not "famous".

Joshua is not "famous"...at least not stateside.

Kovalev-Ward did awful PPV numbers.
    UFC is one fighter carrying an entire company, and his PPV buys were admitted to be inflated by hundreds of thousands of buys by Dave Meltzer

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
      Sadly Joe rogan is right. UFC dominates boxing right now, the main culprit is mayweather;s lackluster performance, If you were a casual fan you'd prefer conor mcgregor (UFC face) over floyd's sorry @ss. Mayweather and his fans destroyed boxing.
      UFC is dead, its one fighter carrying an entire company. Can you imagine the state the UFC would be in without him? He's not even fighting for another 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
        UFC is one fighter carrying an entire company, and his PPV buys were admitted to be inflated by hundreds of thousands of buys by Dave Meltzer
        Carrying the entire company?

Did you see the money the UFC sold for?

Have you seen the money being talked about for the UFC's next TV deal?

That's not just because of one fighter.

But does the UFC do better when it's carried by stars like McGregor or Rousey or Lesnar? Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
          Carrying the entire company?

Did you see the money the UFC sold for?

Have you seen the money being talked about for the UFC's next TV deal?

That's not just because of one fighter.

But does the UFC do better when it's carried by stars like McGregor or Rousey or Lesnar? Of course.
          First of all they screwed up big time by paying that much for a company with no stars outside of McGregor.

2nd, the UFC PPV's and TV ratings are at an all time low, only McGregor fights are generating big money, and McGregor gets none of it which is why he's leaving for Boxing.

Comment

I listen to his podcast sometimes when he has guests i'm interested in and recently i heard him spend about 15 minutes talking about how the entire HW division is ducking Briggs. He has zero clue that Briggs has done nothing of relevance for more than half a decade and hasn't fought a top 200 rated boxer since he returned a few years ago. Rogan is worse than a casual fan when it comes to his boxing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              I listen to his podcast sometimes when he has guests i'm interested in and recently i heard him spend about 15 minutes talking about how the entire HW division is ducking Briggs. He has zero clue that Briggs has done nothing of relevance for more than half a decade and hasn't fought a top 200 rated boxer since he returned a few years ago. Rogan is worse than a casual fan when it comes to his boxing knowledge.
              lol I saw the clip of that on youtube. His guests were talking about relevant guys like Joshua and he over talks them to bring up Shannon ****ing Briggs, rofl

Comment

Big Dave has lost his touch. He seems to be wrong almost as often as he is right nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by BritBox View Post
                  He's right about one thing, there are no new famous boxers today...not as famous as back in 2007. I like Rogan, he was just defending his sport. If he did commentary on boxing fights he'd be the best boxing commentator of all time.
                  thats because boxing is in a transition period where the old stars are mostly retired or on their last leg and the new ones havent fully blossomed yet. even if canelo is the only fighter in boxing who is a true star there are a bunch of guys knocking on the door.

i have watched the entire "debate". the problem isnt rogan defending his sport its that he is being a moron about it. dibella is trying to have abn adult conversation and rogan is acting like a jackass the entire time. yelling insults at lou like calling him a dinosaur, interrupting him and making empty statements without any proof or arguments whatsoever.

it was like a man trying to speak seriously with a child, rogan truly made an ass of himself. he came across as dumb, simple minded and rude. with no ability to listen, think or see something from any other perspective but his own. he wasnt trying to defend his sport with insightfulness or truth, just by making the most possible noise.

he wouldnt even be one of the best 5 commentators in boxing right now. heis good in mma because he is knowledgeable about that sport, in boxing that wouldnt be the case. he would be average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    This pretty much sums it up.

The most famous guys in boxing right now.... are the same guys that were famous back in 2008, whic hare Pacquiao and Mayweather. One is retired, the other is almost retired. If you checked ESPN, they only talked about Mayweather and Pacquiao. With the occasional reference to Canelo or Golovkin if they had a fight coming up.

During that period they couldn't build one other big star. That's always been boxing's biggest flaw. They can't build stars.

Some will say Canelo is the next star, but Canelo can't match the PPV's that Manny and Floyd put up, nor can he even come close to matching McGregor's PPV numbers. His last PPV with Liam Smith did like 300K buys, that would be considered an all time failure by McGregor's PPV standards. Meanwhile Oscar De La Hoya considers it a success. That's all you really need to know about the state of the sport.

Boxing put all their chips into Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, which turned out of be a huge disappointment. They pissed off a lot of casual fans that likely won't be coming back.
                    naw, while I agree with most of that, the FANS put all their chips in maypac and did not give any other fighters a chance. we the fans are the ones that begged those 2 to fight for so long, we got what we asked for but not what we expected. if the media and fans would get off may/pacs jock maybe some new stars would emerge, without fans stars wont be born. we cant be stuck in the past forever, its time for people to move on

Comment

6 years wait for Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao
                      UFC hand out big fights on the yearly/monthly basis you know we had a great exception to the rule in boxing with Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao but those guys are bowing out one has already bowed out completely.
                      UFC has big named superstars still in the horizon
                      Conor McGregor setting records
                      Jon Jones the bad boy of UFC regardless how much people hate him he's a talented piece of shiet who will do big numbers
                      GSP the potential return would be astronomical I don't think he'd fight a bum level of opponent to Floyd's credit I don't think Floyd came back and fought a bum level of opponent either unlike.... Yours truly Mr.160k Andre Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X