No announcement yet.

Khan was wearing Headgear sparring with Pacquaio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    Sparring gear isn't a football helmet, amazing how many people have that impression then again you have to box to know this.
    definitely helps, has your jaw pretty tight, big cushiony material, 16 oz gloves

and people usually dont punch as hard as they can when sparring

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      definitely helps, has your jaw pretty tight, big cushiony material, 16 oz gloves

and people usually dont punch as hard as they can when sparring
      I agree 100% - it make a BIG difference.

Punch resistance and confidence is much higher with sparring head guards and 16 OZ gloves.

It is a naïve comment to say it makes no difference, even somebody who has never boxed should know this...

Comment

So was Pacquiao, i'm not saying he knocks out Pacquiao but the title is really stating the obvious.

Comment

Anybody that has fought in the ring knows that sparing is sparing. In a real fight all the levels go up and you extend yourself more. In sparing you are learning and figure things out plus they always can call time out.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            making nonsense threads like this should be ban worthy imo.

fighters wear headguards during sparring, thats what its there for. naturally he would be at a greater risk of being hurt or knocked out in a real fight, that goes without saying, so why waste people time? (im assuming thats the point of the thread).

funny thing is headguards seldom cover the chin and their main function is to avoid cuts from head clashes. the heavily padded gloves is the reason people dont take as much damage in sparring.
            This place is full of ******s. They are posting videos of sparring as a way to hate lol, sparring is sparring nothing more nothing less. Anyone that reads anything more into it is just dumb IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Anybody that has fought in the ring knows that sparing is sparing. In a real fight all the levels go up and you extend yourself more. In sparing you are learning and figure things out plus they always can call time out.
              Exactly.....................

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                And Manny was wearing headgear against Khan. Remember Manny's the one who's been knocked out cold for 5 mins, not Khan. Lucky Manny had that headgear on when they sparred.

/end thread
                Manny was knocked out for 5 mins but Khan would have been knocked out for a year .

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  I agree 100% - it make a BIG difference.

Punch resistance and confidence is much higher with sparring head guards and 16 OZ gloves.

It is a naïve comment to say it makes no difference, even somebody who has never boxed should know this...
                  Where did I say it doesn't make any difference at all? That is of course if you were referring to my "naïve comment".

Comment

Working...
                  X