Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
    I don’t understand what we have to be clear about. All promoters try to lure fighters to their promotion. This isn’t new. Top Rank, GBP, Main Event, King, all competed with one another long before PBC, ESPN+ and Dazn existed. Some fold some don’t. Pbc and espn still doing fine.

What does this have to do with paying less than 10 bucks a month for more boxing than was on HBO and Showtime? As a fan you should be glad for this.

Boxing use to cost 15 bucks a month for hbo, 11 bucks a month for showtime (often going months without fights) plus 75 bucks for ppv. If you watched 2 Pac fights, two mayweather fights, a Cotto and a Canelo fight back in the day you’d easily spend over 500 bucks that year.

It’s cheaper now and we get more boxing.
    Hey man Hearn disrespected Wilder and any PBC fighter he could, thinking he could still get them to sign with Matchroom. Then he attached himself to DAZN so fans of the fighters he disrespected will not support DAZN. Also none of their fighters are even on the platform so why pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
      I don’t understand what we have to be clear about. All promoters try to lure fighters to their promotion. This isn’t new. Top Rank, GBP, Main Event, King, all competed with one another long before PBC, ESPN+ and Dazn existed. Some fold some don’t. Pbc and espn still doing fine.

What does this have to do with paying less than 10 bucks a month for more boxing than was on HBO and Showtime? As a fan you should be glad for this.

Boxing use to cost 15 bucks a month for hbo, 11 bucks a month for showtime (often going months without fights) plus 75 bucks for ppv. If you watched 2 Pac fights, two mayweather fights, a Cotto and a Canelo fight back in the day you’d easily spend over 500 bucks that year.

It’s cheaper now and we get more boxing.
      Don’t deflect. The issue was dazn was as not trying to put another outfit out of business, it is....by attempting to lure its top people away. There is no possible way that can be denied. If you would like to introduce new ideas to our exchange that’s fine, but that doesn’t change the fact that Hearn and dazn have had a strategy of “let’s get all of their guys”....and of you can’t admit that’s with the aim of taking over the market then you are either biased or gravely in need of reading The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
        A hell of a deal!! $100! Cheaper than it is now. Wilder Fanboys will find something to beyotch about.
        Well for one Wilder will not fight on the app. So there is no reason for them to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          I guess I'm just blessed and I haven't been broke since I was a kid so to me $100 a year for boxing is nothing. Not saying what I said to put people down but some people on here annoy the fucc out of me so I said my comment with them in mind.
          If they don't wanna pay or can't pay then just don't pay. But don't sit behind the keyboard and talk shet to us who are paying... Cause like I said, if they can't afford $100 a year for boxing then who's really the one in trouble???
          Yeah, I mean LIS, this deal is actually better for me because I don't just subscribe to only certain months. I will have it for the entire year and it comes out to being $20 dollars cheaper.

So here is the thing, boxing fans are the consumers here so if they are not happy....then well, they are not happy and that's a problem if they stop supporting the sport. But yes, some take it to another level when all they have to do is not purchase a certain PPV or not subscribe to a certain network/streaming service.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Too right he is lol. He knows what this means in the long run
            You're just mad you're a broke hoe and you can't live as good as the rest of us!
            You broke biitch! 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

they dont get it....

if you wanna see a certain fight a certain month...

pay $20!!!!!

thats hella cheap for a canelo fight etc.
              They going have to raise that monthly subscription again in order to sustain the guarantee of the stars they have signed to long term deals without staying in the red just not bringing in enough subscribers.... Whoever running they media push needs to be fired not really any commercials/radio or tv advertisements to try and get people attention

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                This has NOTHING to do with Hearn. I have no idea why so many boxing fans think he is running things at DAZN. Spoiler alert, he is NOT. This is a decision of the top execs and they have been feeling this out for some time by e-mailing out surveys to current subscribers. This deal definitely sucks for those that only like to subscribe certain months, but LIS for those that will keep their yearly subscription? This deal is better.
                On boxingscene it seems anything perceived by some as negative with DAZN is on Hearns, while any good moves from DAZN are 'done without Hearn'. People tend to pick and choose as to what suits for some reason.

Comment

$40 to watch Canelo/Jacobs in May and Joshua/Miller in June, then unsubscribe (if you remember). Thats why they put the monthly price up now. Doubling their profits at a price that is still really good for fans. Especially if you are used to paying $75 to watch just Canelo on PPV.

Comment

I'll get the yearly package then. It would be cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      On boxingscene it seems anything perceived by some as negative with DAZN is on Hearns, while any good moves from DAZN are 'done without Hearn'. People tend to pick and choose as to what suits for some reason.

Well DAZN presented Hearn as the face of their app. Just like Foreman is the face the Foreman grill. Any backlash you get for choosing that person is on you.

Comment

Working...
                      X