X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    I'm assuming the rest of my post was nonsensical

My bad on going with stats in this thread. I shouldn't have taken them as fact.

17/18, no biggie in my book

Height/weight are.

A yahoo'er came with this -

Best Answer: Martin's family put out some incorrect numbers which were subsequently reported. I doubt if people are deliberately misrepresenting his height. Zimmerman thought he could have been 5'11". The liar lame-stream media completely misrepresented Martins appearance and size by putting up a photo of him that was several years old.

"Zimmerman estimated Martin's height at 5'11" to 6'2". The morning after the shooting, an autopsy found that Martin's body was 5'11" (1.80 m) long and weighed 158 lb (72 kg). Other values for Martin's height of 6'2" (1.88 m) and 6'3" (1.91 m), and weight of no more than 150 lb (68 kg), were reported as being given by Martin's family."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of...

So...
    17 5'11'' 160 lbs

or

18 6'3'' 200 lbs

chances are an adult aged person would trade blows with someone fitting the above description. Would any of us pull a weapon out if we are not good with our hands (given the time/place of the incident) ?

Personally, if I'm not good with my hands, I wouldn't place myself in a situation where shlt can go down.

I don't know, bro. I mean adding 4 inches and 42lbs to his frame? Seems agenda driven to me.

Zimmerman should have just obeyed the dispatcher and left the kid alone. He was just walking down the street.

Comment

I didn't follow the case and won't relive it.

Sry if I have any of the following wrong -

Zim was on ''patrol'' and spotted Tray. Tray didn't like this and wanted to fight Zim. Zim pulled out gun and shot Tray dead.

Did they exchange punches ?
      Was Tray shot in the back ?
      Did Zim vocalize anything to Tray prior to the altercation ?

The case ran it's course through the legal process and that's pretty much it.
      Well Zim was on patrol and saw what he said was a suspicious lad

He asked Tray where he lived and tray ran off

Zim followed him and confronted Tray at which point Tray battered the smaller Zim

Zim in self defense (allegedly) shot and killed Tray

In a nutshell that’s the exact story

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        I don't know, bro. I mean adding 4 inches and 42lbs to his frame? Seems agenda driven to me.

Zimmerman should have just obeyed the dispatcher and left the kid alone. He was just walking down the street.
        ''I'm going to be a hero !!!''
        ~GZ

In the end, it went to trial, though.

Comment

Pure speculation and storytelling, if I must say.

Again, they went to court. Exactly what society demanded. If society didn't like the outcome of the trial.....
          Sure, they went to court. nothing anyone who doesn't like the outcome of the trial can do, I guess, except sue in civil court.

Meanwhile, Zimmerman has gone on to show that he is a class act. Nope, not a thug at all. Look into all of his wonderful work after the shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
            Well Zim was on patrol and saw what he said was a suspicious lad

He asked Tray where he lived and tray ran off

Zim followed him and confronted Tray at which point Tray battered the smaller Zim

Zim in self defense (allegedly) shot and killed Tray

In a nutshell that’s the exact story

Poor Zim caught them hands.

Forget me asking a bunch of questions. I'm curious and am going to find out the details.

Comment

''I'm going to be a hero !!!''
              ~GZ

In the end, it went to trial, though.
              And Zim was found innocent

Christ’s sake can’t we trust the legal system to be right

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                Sure, they went to court. nothing anyone who doesn't like the outcome of the trial can do, I guess, except sue in civil court.

Meanwhile, Zimmerman has gone on to show that he is a class act. Nope, not a thug at all. Look into all of his wonderful work after the shooting.
                The history of those involved should come into play. If one or the other, or both, have a history of confrontations, then this played out accordingly.

I'm going to read up on the case and not bother anyone with a million questions that can lead to a million opinions.

One thing is certain, there was a trial.

Comment

The history of those involved should come into play. If one or the other, or both, have a history of confrontations, then this played out accordingly.

I'm going to read up on the case and not bother anyone with a million questions that can lead to a million opinions.

One thing is certain, there was a trial.
                  Tray and Zim had a history of confrontation

Two sides to the story and both lads were bang out of order

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
                    And Zim was found innocent

Christ’s sake can’t we trust the legal system to be right
                    As in boxing, some outcomes are just....wrong. Sometimes jurors get it wrong.

The Ethan Couch case comes to mind (not to change the thread's topic).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch

The OJ case is another.

But you're right. We as a civilized society have to accept the juries decision.

Comment

As in boxing, some outcomes are just....wrong. Sometimes jurors get it wrong.

The Ethan Couch case comes to mind (not to change the thread's topic).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch

The OJ case is another.

But you're right. We as a civilized society have to accept the juries decision.
                      The jury under the law said the lad was defending himself

Not much else to be said

He was proven innocent

Right or wrong the court decided

Not much else we can do

Comment

Working...
                      X