Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Drops, Beats Down, Stops Magdaleno in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    I have been to a couple of his fights and I respect his skill and talent. The kid is young but needs to be corrected by his handlers for his post fight nonsense. A fight by the corners could have easily broken out in the ring. I was at MSG when Bowe/Golota turned in to a riot. People got hurt. Not worth it! Better to stay classy.
    its not his handlers ....have you seen his ghetto loud mouth no class having father...it starts at the home

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Lopez seems like the goods and love the mans confidence, it’s good to see him gain some buzz for what he does in the ring unlike fake a.ss prospects like Ryan Garcia whos buzz is only because he has a lot of instagram followers

As for the post fight celebrations is it disrespectful,f.uck yeah but I’m cool with it

you either love him for it or hate him for it but either way you he has your attention and for a young
      Fighter that’s important. Too many fighters are vanilla , have no personality and that’s why they have no fans or h.aters because their boring as f.uck . You need some panache as Fury would say to get some interest from the public especially in the States
      say what you want about ryan garcia but Lopez jealousy and enviousnes of garcia is real...having a big following means you generate money

Comment

Loved the ko. Loved the celebration. Love how he pissed off the new population of sissies. Don't think he has much of chance against loma. Bring on pedraza, tank and lead up to exciting buildup and fight with loma in winter...

Comment

Round Five -- that "spinning back fist" or whatever you want to call it. ESPN didn't care much: Announcers: "Did you see that??" "Yes, I saw it." But on BOX NATION, one of them asked, "Is that LEGAL??"

Did the ref not see it and not call it, or IS it legal? I've never seen anyone do that before. I mean, outside of MMA matches. He was long-armed enough to land it with the front of the glove.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
            say what you want about ryan garcia but Lopez jealousy and enviousnes of garcia is real...having a big following means you generate money
            Whatever man at the end of the day skills pay the bills in boxing

Garcia can be popular on instagram and build a following but he isn’t anywhere near the prospect Teofimo is and when it’s time to step up to the top level of the sport Garcia will most like fold and Teofimo won’t

Comment

Originally posted by Ssssh11 View Post

Originally posted by UnderMainPPV View Post
              I don't know what I liked more, the knockdowns or his celebration. I'm still smiling.
              He shouldn't have celebrated like that it was disrespectful he will get what's coming to him and when he's on the canvas I wish someone does the same to him.
              Nah, you're right. I thought it was excessive and not a genuine, emotional reaction type of celebration considering it was obvious for some rounds that he (Lopez) was going to win and it was just a matter of when. The backflip part was fine. Ya know, fairly impressive display of athleticism and strength. I think he only took one step into it, so a damn near standing backflip and he stuck the landing. The super Effed Up part was the standing over Magdaleno, looking down at him, and then swinging for the fences. That bit was almost any negative adjective you can think of. Either way, at the very least, Teofimo Lopez has created more of a following. Of course, based on what you and others have posted, 70+ percent of the new attention that he now has will be fans that want to see him lose.

The only reason I was laughing at it all (and I laughed on and off for a few minutes) was because it was such an absurd sequence all around. I mean, Magdaleno motions to Lopez to bring the fight to him after getting dazed early in what was ultimately the last round of a fight he was getting thoroughly whooped in. He, of course, gets finished in highlight reel fashion shortly thereafter. And then Lopez celebrates like he pulled a Buster Douglas-esque upset and even celebrates over his fallen opponent as if Magdaleno had created bad blood by talking pre-fight trash on a Conor McGregor type of scale. And to top it off, one of Magdaleno's corner guys had to be held back from physically going after Lopez because Teofimo didn't even SortaKinda try to stay away from Magdaleno's corner as he trotted multiple victory laps around the ring. As low class as Lopez was, the whole thing was too funny.
              Last edited by UnderMainPPV; 02-03-2019, 11:05 AM. Reason: Misquoted what I was replying to

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                Need to consider that if Rigo, with all his experience, couldn't unlock the Loma puzzle, then why would Lopez be able to as a relatively inexperienced 21 year-old.

I like Lopez, I think he's the real deal, but he needs to step up the competition level for a few fights before he's ready for the top dog. He'll mature and improve a lot over the next couple of years, and likely be ready for Loma around the time Loma retires and Lopez is 2 weight divisions higher - ie not going to happen.

Lest we forget, Loma exposed and exploited technical flaws in Rigo's game that no-one even knew were there, even Rigo. He would have a field day with the 21 year-old Lopez.
                Rigo was 37 and the much smaller man. Teofimo is a whole different animal. He's bigger, stronger, quicker and just entering his athletic prime. Plus, they fight completely different styles. I'm not saying that Lopez is ready for Loma right now, I'm just saying that's not really an apt comparison. I do get the point you were making though and I agree. I think Teofimo needs 3-4 more fights before Loma. No need to rush the kid, he's only been a pro for a little over 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                  its not his handlers ....have you seen his ghetto loud mouth no class having father...it starts at the home
                  I didn't realize that. Haven't heard his father being interviewed. Maybe this is similar to Danny Garcia. His father has said some stupid Sh.t publicly. Really wish Lopez would tone it down. He claims it's for entertainment but this is not like celebrating a touchdown in football. That dude Madaleno could have been seriously hurt. Imagine if Gvodyk did that when he beat Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    Lopez is a disgusting POS for celebrating behind Magdaleno while he struggled to get up to receive medical attention. He's disgusting. I swore Magdaleno was dead when he hit the deck.

Oh yeah, Magdaleno's corner is trash for not stopping it after the 2nd and letting it go on this long. That ref was trash too. Stone him.
                    Please get the frrruck out of this sport you soft sentimental f4ggot

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      If he moves up all of the sudden the size and power he has at 135 doesnt mean much against huge hard punching jr welters like Prograis and Taylor.
                      Taylor at the Hydro. Lopez vs the immovable force. I would love to see that.

Comment

Working...
                      X