Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting as if Mikey Garcia is a cruiserweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rigo was a 115 pound amateur

loma and mikey were 135 pound amateurs

rigo spent his career at 122

loma and mikey spent their careers at 126-135(mikey had 2 fights above 140)

rigo was at 122 when he moved up to 130 to fight loma

loma and mikey are now at 135 so neither guy would move up or down if the fight happened

how is loma fighting garcia similar to rigo fighting loma?

oh wait theres a photo of cutting weight loma and plump garcia that proves it. forget this post

Comment

if mikey can make 135 then i dont see a problem there... people bragging right now that loma is the best at 135 shouldnt have a problem with that fight..

Comment

omg look how much bigger mikey is! would be a brutal loma-rigo type beating. stop the damn fight! mikey is so much bigger naturally!

Comment

Mikey is massive beast who chinned Chad Dawson during a sparring session while helping him prepare for Andre Ward. Chad was never the same after that. Lost to Andre and Adonis Stevenson and it was all down hill after that.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            Im a Golovkin fan and i want the re-match.
            Im sure 90% of GGG fans want to see that fight.
            Not sure were you get you info from?
            He picked it up from adoutfkntime another poster who doesn't like Golovkin. It's nonesense. Actually it's the other way around Canelo is ducking Golovkin. He should have been enrolled for comprehensive drug testing by now if he really wants the fight. He hasn't..

Comment

I thought Loma looked big last night. The Linares size advantage wasn’t as big as I thought it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                I thought Loma looked big last night. The Linares size advantage wasn’t as big as I thought it would be.
                15 lbs is a good size advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Still cant believe he walks around at 175lbs
                  why is it hard to believe? Fighters are fighting twice a year, and eating the rest of the time while not in training

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    dear lord are you seriously trying to compare a loma cutting weight 2 days before a fight to mikey who didn't have a fight scheduled and was eating good? wow do some better research. yes mikey is a bit bigger naturally but they fight in the same divisions. loma vs rigo is not comparable at all.
                    And, Mikey had a fight around that timtooe too. Don't try to tell me Loma was cutting water 2 days out either. Or, do you even know how any of that works?
                    Also, GTFO with the strawman shyt as I never said there difference is, to scale, exactly the same as it was to Rigo. You denied there was a difference in size, then you just admitted Mikey is bigger!!
                    I'm not going to keep helping you chase your tail. Waste someone else's time.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-13-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      They saw what Linares did and know Garcia would beat Loma. They simply don't want the fight. Kind of the same reaction to the Canelo rematch, Golovkin fans don't want that fight either because the know Golovkin likely loses.
                      We usually agree, but I can't agree that at 135 Garcia wins. Robert has a real tendency to take very big guys, drain the **** out of them, and then they balloon up on fight night. Without that advantage? Mikey has a punchers chance. Lomachenko's skills are that much better... and when things get tough for Mikey... well, I could see him quitting.

Comment

Working...
                      X