Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank Jr to replace George Groves??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
    Absolute nonsense. If Groves needs time, postpone the ****ing thing. Have the right finale.
    I agree but if Groves is going to be out for a while what can they do? The fighters can't just sit around. Groves might need a tune up too.

Comment

**** Eubank and **** that!

Comment

Should give it to one of the weakest title holders of 168 Benavidez, allow David to actually prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          I agree but if Groves is going to be out for a while what can they do? The fighters can't just sit around. Groves might need a tune up too.
          Fair point. If that’s the case, then I suppose Eubank Jr makes sense. He’s essentially the “runner up,” and it would sell. It would just be unfortunate.

Comment

and if Jewbank Jr beat Callum Smith he's the winner of the tourney? Even when he got his a.ss kicked and lost the in the semi?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I think it'll be more competitive.

I think Groves was gonna mop the floor with Callum.
              Pretty sure you also thought Eubank would win the tourney outright!

If Eubank couldn't get inside and be effective against Groves he has zero chance doing it against Smith. Eubank's lack of technical ability and discipline were seriously exposed v Groves and even Saunders beforehand.Smith is by far the better pure boxer of the 3.Smith v Groves is a cracking 50/50 fight but i'd lean slightly towards Smith at this point because of Groves' injury. If the final consists of any combination other than Smith and Groves then it's a failure in my eyes.

Comment

Sounds like Kalle is adamant that the final won't be put back, and that Eubank is in the running.

It would be a shame for Groves. He's got to the final and deserves his shot. It's a shame for Smith too as he doesn't get a title shot. I'd be a bit gutted if it doesn't happen as I was looking forward to it.

That said, looking at Eubank/Smith as a stand alone fight, I don't hate it too much. I think Eubank's style may be able to cause a problem or two for Smith that it couldn't against a much better fighter in Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Best Ever View Post
                  and if Jewbank Jr beat Callum Smith he's the winner of the tourney? Even when he got his a.ss kicked and lost the in the semi?

If he does win, Eubank would've to rematch Groves immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post

If he does win, Eubank would've to rematch Groves immediately.
                    I would rather they pick some bum which Callum can beat and win the tournament or fight Juergen Braehmer who he was suppose to in the semi.

Comment

Maybe Groves isn't that fussed nor as Kalle and see the Degale fight in the horizon.

That'll be a stadium fight this time.

Smith fight would be close. Groves heavier jab against Smith's relentless metronomic jab. Would be boring. Would be close.

Comment

Working...
                      X