No announcement yet.

Kubrat Pulev-Dillian Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    He can only bid what he thinks the fight can generate, Sauerland wasn't far off the same figure. Cant really do anything about someone that wants to bid real big.
    If the bid is coming from Pulev's team directly they can easily bid far above the market rate because 75% of the purse is coming straight back to them. I wonder if Pulev will see all of that purse or will some of it will go straight back to his backers?

They clearly really want the fight in Bulgaria and given the outlay be confident of winning. It makes sense for them if they do because a title challenge against AJ will see them easily recoup any losses on this fight. The worry for Whyte will be what makes them so confident that a fight in Bulgaria will help their cause so much that they're willing to pay through the nose for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
      The worry for Whyte will be what makes them so confident that a fight in Bulgaria will help their cause so much that they're willing to pay through the nose for it?
      That's a good point, hes gunna have to KO Pulev.

I'm thinking Hearn wants to stick a Brook and Whyte PPV on us for the end of July. They'll never hear the end of it unless its Ortiz though, and then itll have to be final eliminator. Hes saying hes waiting to hear about the complaint they made. If the news is good you think they'll ditch this? Though there aint really time to get that fight done.

Comment

That's a good point, hes gunna have to KO Pulev.

I'm thinking Hearn wants to stick a Brook and Whyte PPV on us for the end of July. They'll never hear the end of it unless its Ortiz though, and then itll have to be final eliminator. Hes saying hes waiting to hear about the complaint they made. If the news is good you think they'll ditch this? Though there aint really time to get that fight done.
        I thought the IBF route was a clear winner but maybe losing the purse bid and the shenanigans they'd anticipate in Bucharest may have tipped the balance back towards WBC if they thought there was a clear path to the mandatory? Can't see that happening though, Breazeale would surely sue?

Whyte Ortiz makes more money I think because it will either be at the 02 or maybe in NY if Hearn wants to involve DAZN? Although saying that I don't know when the fight is ordered for?

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
          I thought the IBF route was a clear winner but maybe losing the purse bid and the shenanigans they'd anticipate in Bucharest may have tipped the balance back towards WBC if they thought there was a clear path to the mandatory? Can't see that happening though, Breazeale would surely sue?

Whyte Ortiz makes more money I think because it will either be at the 02 or maybe in NY if Hearn wants to involve DAZN? Although saying that I don't know when the fight is ordered for?
          Found an article that said the purse bid was supposed to be last Friday, 25th. Obviously never happened https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ort...rdered--127502

Theres gotta be a load of activity in the division over the next 10 days, been going on long enough. Even if he is successful with his appeal to the WBC, and Joshua/Wilder isn't next, Wilder going to be fighting Breazeale whatever. Then is it do the WBC sanction it as a mandatory, or do they say Wilder must face the winner of Whyte/Ortiz straight after, to keep the sides happy.

Comment

Found an article that said the purse bid was supposed to be last Friday, 25th. Obviously never happened https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ort...rdered--127502

Theres gotta be a load of activity in the division over the next 10 days, been going on long enough. Even if he is successful with his appeal to the WBC, and Joshua/Wilder isn't next, Wilder going to be fighting Breazeale whatever. Then is it do the WBC sanction it as a mandatory, or do they say Wilder must face the winner of Whyte/Ortiz straight after, to keep the sides happy.
            At this stage I don't see how they keep all sides happy. If they back Hearn's argument and remove the mandatory status from Breazeale does that cost him in his negotiation with Wilder? In which case could he sue?

It's a mess and it's one reason why I'd look to the IBF, they don't seem to get in these fixes, or rather they don't get up to these fixes...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              That's what Shyte gets for trying to avoid Luis Ortiz.
              Ortiz just fought Wilder for the title and Whyte is the #1 contender. It's ridiculous for Whyte to have to fight Ortiz in a final eliminator. This is Wilder's way to duck Dillian, whom he doesn't want. Reason being that a bad showing or a defeat would ruin the Joshua fight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

If it aint Ortiz theres gunna be a tidal wave of stick.

Comment

If it aint Ortiz theres gunna be a tidal wave of stick.
                    Pulev will KO Whyte.

Comment

Working...
                    X