Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Wladimir Klitschko rank anong the all time HWs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate to bring this up...but the fact that hes white, nobody wants to give him any credit

but if he was black, people would be calling him the goat of goats

true story

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I rate him highly, I don't buy this "weak HW era" nonsense.

How do you even rate an era as weak?

By how fighters in said era do against other fighters and more specifically the best in the division.

The era and the fighters just look bad because Vit and Wlad makes them look so.

If The k-bros were not around the division would be competitive with all of the good but not great fighters that would be left.

The era is weak, a lot of boxers who are not championship level material are able to win a belt because a lot of the opponents suck. Boxers like Sultan Ibragimov, Samuel Peter, wouldn't be winning belts if they fought in era where most of the heavyweights were in shape.

I've noticed a lot of heavyweights are overweight (including Europeans) whose diet consist of mainly junk food.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 03-19-2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
        How would you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the ATG heavyweights?
        Top 25.He`s beaten most of the top heavyweights in the world.

Comment

He's about #15 now.

If he defeats three prime top HWs, namely Chambers, Povetkin and Haye, then he'll clearly be in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            The era is weak, a lot of boxers who are not championship level material are able to win a belt because a lot of the opponents suck. Boxers like Sultan Ibragimov, Samuel Peter, wouldn't be winning belts if they fought in era where most of the heavyweights were in shape.

I've noticed a lot of heavyweights are overweight (including diet) whose diet consist of mainly junk food.
            What are you basing this on?

The only basis you have to come to a conclusion like that his how they perform against equal and better opposition.

To say that the division is for certain weak is to presume that the best in the division would certainly not be the best if they fought the best from different eras.

To make a claim like that is really based on personal bias and nothing else because the best current fighters can't fight the best from the past so we will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
              How would you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the ATG heavyweights?
              Top 5 easily.... Some might try to make a case for him in the number 1 slot

Comment

Oh, for Christ's sake.

A prime Vitali still got stopped on cuts by a VERY lethargic and old Lewis. And, we all know what would really happen if Vit fought Wlad. Lights out.

I think people say the current state of the HW division is pathetic because the boxers are slow and unskilled.

This is in no way a Klitschko bash... I actually like both brothers, but ATG status, how? Exactly what great opponent has any K ever beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Telepath View Post
                  Oh, for Christ's sake.

A prime Vitali still got stopped on cuts by a VERY lethargic and old Lewis. And, we all know what would really happen if Vit fought Wlad. Lights out.

I think people say the current state of the HW division is pathetic because the boxers are slow and unskilled.

This is in no way a Klitschko bash... I actually like both brothers, but ATG status, how? Exactly what great opponent has any K ever beat?
                  A dearth of prime great opponents doesn't keep Larry Holmes out of top 5 ATG HW discussions.

Wlad is obviously not there yet, but to say he's not top 25 is a bit absurd.

And surely you're not going to use triangle theory and a fight that Vitali was winning handidly over a 37 yo Lewis that peaked late to prove something about Wlad's abilities?
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-19-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                    A dearth of prime great opponents doesn't keep Larry Holmes out of top 5 ATG HW discussions.
                    Actually, yeah, it kinda does.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      What are you basing this on?

The only basis you have to come to a conclusion like that his how they perform against equal and better opposition.

To say that the division is for certain weak is to presume that the best in the division would certainly not be the best if they fought the best from different eras.

To make a claim like that is really based on personal bias and nothing else because the best current fighters can't fight the best from the past so we will never know.
                      So you consider boxers like Calvin Brock, Shannon Briggs, Nikloi Valuev, and Samuel Peter championship level material? A lot of the top 20 heavyweights lack basic fundamental skills, and if they have that down, it's certainly not championship level.

Boxers like Tony Tubbs, Buster Douglas, a prime Michael Moorer, prime David Tua, etc would wipe the floor with most of these guy's. Have you seen heavyweight fights these days? The Klitschko's, Povetkin, and Chambers are legit, but everyone else is fighting WAY below their potential, if they have any that is.
                      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 03-19-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X