Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Roaches predictions have to do with Mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
    That was exactley my point?
    I know, but you already knew it's just hype so why bother making a thread.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I'm starting to think Roach is saying things like 1st round KO's to hype this fight so that Fire Power does more numbers than Mayweather/Marquez. I don't think he believes it and I don't think he's trying to get in Cotto's head. I think it's pure bs hype to get attention which translates into PPV buys which translates into negotiation power for Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Mayweather shocked us all (me included who predicted 350-450k buys and including Roach who said it would bomb) with the buy rates of his last fight and Fire Power doing better numbers is Pac's last chance at getting a 50-50 split.

"I said 60-40!"
      boxing doesn't revolve around floyd mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        I know, but you already knew it's just hype so why bother making a thread.
        Because not everyone sees what we see. The Cotto stans and Pac nuthuggers can't read between the lines so I took the liberty of showing them Besides I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me that Roach is trying to boost sales so that he can get more bargining chips for a Floyd fight. I really believe if Fire Power doesn't outsell Mayweather/Marquez we can kiss Mayweather/Pacquiao goodbye (not that it had much of a chance to start with).

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingChaos View Post
          Dont forget that JMM/PBF was also shown in theaters across the country and these were included in the overall PPV numbers. I know a few people who actually went to see the fight at the theater down the road.
          Those numbers were not included in the overall PPV numbers
          even if they were the fight was shown in a 170 theaters. It's not counted by person it's counted by purchase of the telecast. That's like counting everyone that went into a bar to watch the fight individually.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            boxing doesn't revolve around floyd mayweather
            Yes but it does revolve around negotiations which is what I think Roach is trying to do here.

Comment

Because not everyone sees what we see. The Cotto stans and Pac nuthuggers can't read between the lines so I took the liberty of showing them Besides I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me that Roach is trying to boost sales so that he can get more bargining chips for a Floyd fight. I really believe if Fire Power doesn't outsell Mayweather/Marquez we can kiss Mayweather/Pacquiao goodbye (not that it had much of a chance to start with).
              OK man, I get you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Real OG View Post
                Good, I'm a Floyd fan but i hope Pacquiao- Cotto does 1 mil+

Pacquiao fans were bitches for hoping Floyd - JMM flops, and i hope Floyd fans don't feel the same way

If its good for the sport its good for me

it's really not good for the sport when floyd gets good ppv numbers, due to the fact that he has the upper hand in whom he chooses to fight.

if his numbers were lower, him and mosley would be fighting in january, and then the winner of that face the winner of pac cotto.

now that would be good for the sport...

Comment

Yes but it does revolve around negotiations which is what I think Roach is trying to do here.
                  i'm pretty sure floyd isn't on roach's mind at all. you're reading something that isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    i'm pretty sure floyd isn't on roach's mind at all. you're reading something that isn't there.
                    Maybe I am looking too far into it but when you reach a certain level (the level that Pacquiao is at right now) you become more than just a boxer. You become a business. And when you become a business you have to start thinking a few fights ahead. That said, I do believe they are focused on Cotto. Though I get the feeling Roach is planting seeds.

Comment

Working...
                    X