No announcement yet.

Weight making for amateurs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight making for amateurs

I just got some questions regarding weight making especially for the amateurs

1. How do you make weight? Is it simply eating less to shed off pounds?

2. How many months would I need to go down from 140 to 125-130?
    Im a begginner and I cant drop weight that fast.

3. could you share to me some weight making techniques that you use?

Thanks a lot

i stopped boxing years ago then came back i went from 135 to 120 in a month, i now play at 115 lols im around 5'6... :P just eat little specially at night don't drink much water when training. If u cant sleep just have a bit of wine then take some sleeping pills, i do it everytime.

Comment

115 and youre 5"6?

I think im also 5"6 but i dont think I can make 115 its just too hard. hahahaha

Comment

no, im now 122 but i can dehydrate to 115, last december i was 135lbs.

Mostly it is just soft fats that make u weigh and water and fats contain lot of water, u just have to sweat it out or pee it out and burn the fat.

Comment

Steamroom + sauna suit + time. Become friends with a wrestler. It takes a few hours to shed the weight you are targeting. Weigh in, then gain it all back with coconut water and water.

E

Comment

Originally posted by andalusian81 View Post
            I just got some questions regarding weight making especially for the amateurs

1. How do you make weight? Is it simply eating less to shed off pounds?

2. How many months would I need to go down from 140 to 125-130?
            Im a begginner and I cant drop weight that fast.

3. could you share to me some weight making techniques that you use?

Thanks a lot
            When I'm not training at all I weigh about 140. I fight at 132. I don't even worry about weight. I just train hard and weigh in at whatever weight. I think people focus too much on weight and trying to gain an advantage that way. I just train hard, get strong, work on my skills, and try to gain an adantage that way. I'm positive I can make 125 but I feel good doing what I'm doing fighting in the 132lb class. My last fight I weighed in at 129. If for some reason I weigh in above 132, I'll have no problem fighting at 141.

Comment

ah ive been there im 5'8 and ive been as high as 154 and as low as 130.

just eat healthy and work hard, alot of miles, sauna suits are amazing

Comment

You really shouldn't have to cut weight like that for an amature fight. Let the weight come off naturally. It's an amature fight, if you need to strain and dehydrate your body you are doing more harm then good.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
                  You really shouldn't have to cut weight like that for an amature fight. Let the weight come off naturally. It's an amature fight, if you need to strain and dehydrate your body you are doing more harm then good.
                  ^
                  listen to this guy

Comment

2 weeks ago i was at 152... i started workin out last week now am at 144... crazy... i wanna get down to 130-135.... last time i compited(dec 07) i was at 130... and i havent done jack **** since that trainin... now am back at it agian and am at 144 right now...
                    a friend of mine told me to take it slow... i guess am loosin pounds to fast i worked my ass off.... and i still havent started runnin... once i run i lose pounds eaiser... cant wait to start compitin agian..

Comment

Working...
                    X