Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Cotto fans call Marg a cheat but back their hero Cheato Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boss2k10 View Post
    Cheato had abnormal punching power against Joppy and Vargas.

He must have had loaded gloves for those fights.
    Yeah, I heard that Vargas and Joppy were complaining that it made them dizzy, or something, I can't think why. Maybe they took too much at one time??

Comment

first of all i bet that your'e a mexican that hates the fact that your hero is a cheater. let me enlighten you of what really happen with trinidad wraps, Brother Nazim did not find anything illegal in his hand wraps. what happened was tito's father was putting too much wrap on the knuckle area. he was not loading his wraps or anything like they did in the margarito situation. Lots of fighters have hand problems and I know for a fact that some use a little extra tape and gauze. I wouldn’t call it “cheating”. some commissions accept it others don't. the great marco antonio barrera use to do that. i've seen other fighters like victor ortiz, juanma lopez, luevano, gerry peņalosa doing the same thing. boxers use all kind of tricks to gain advantages from wearing their cups extra high, to putting on too much vaseline, to putting a little extra gauze to wrap their hands.

they did not catch tito with plaster like margarito did. the only similarity between tito and margarito wraps was that the same person (nazim richardson) protested to the commision.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss2k10 View Post
        Why the double standard Cotto fans?

If Margarito is a cheat then so is Trinidad.
        because tito never cheated in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless Angel View Post
          first of all i bet that your'e a mexican that hates the fact that your hero is a cheater. let me enlighten you of what really happen with trinidad wraps, Brother Nazim did not find anything illegal in his hand wraps. what happened was tito's father was putting too much wrap on the knuckle area. he was not loading his wraps or anything like they did in the margarito situation. Lots of fighters have hand problems and I know for a fact that some use a little extra tape and gauze. I wouldn’t call it “cheating”. some commissions accept it others don't. the great marco antonio barrera use to do that. i've seen other fighters like victor ortiz, juanma lopez, luevano, gerry peņalosa doing the same thing. boxers use all kind of tricks to gain advantages from wearing their cups extra high, to putting on too much vaseline, to putting a little extra gauze to wrap their hands.

they did not catch tito with plaster like margarito did. the only similarity between tito and margarito wraps was that the same person (nazim richardson) protested to the commision.
          You are quite right. In truth, what actually happened, as Papa Trinidad demonstrated on TV was exactly as I've written above. In his demo as to how he ALWAYS wrapped , what he did, which was a little different, (and as you said, a little extra knuckle wrap) was THIS;

When wrapping the palm and knuckle area, he allowed the wrapping to protrude straight out over the knuckle, and then folded it back over the knuckle, so that there was, more or less an extra padded covering.

That was all, and as far as I am aware, from TV reports and video demo, it was not, and is NOT illegal.

Comment

Working...
          X