No announcement yet.

Is it like House of Cards at your job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    I'm self employed now and deal directly with clients which is a lot better to be honest. Some of them are terrible people but all I have to do is finish the job/offer them no followup services/never see them again.
    Do you own the company or are you a contractor? What do you do?

Comment

Nope. Midsized tech company of 300ish people in three different offices. Great culture. Most people in my department are in their mid-40s and are good in their role, so there's not tons of backstabbing and jockeying.

I notice that the people who are bad at their jobs seems to think the place is a crazy, unfair shithole. That is not at all jab at OP, just talking about my situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Where do you work? What do you do?

I work for an aerospace company. I'm a machine programmer and machinist. The two jobs go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          I work for an aerospace company. I'm a machine programmer and machinist. The two jobs go hand in hand.
          Ratheon????????????

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Nope. Midsized tech company of 300ish people in three different offices. Great culture. Most people in my department are in their mid-40s and are good in their role, so there's not tons of backstabbing and jockeying.

I notice that the people who are bad at their jobs seems to think the place is a crazy, unfair shithole. That is not at all jab at OP, just talking about my situation.
            I've noticed that with women. If they aren't competent, they start drama and are mainly the aggressors to shed light off they don't know what the fcuk they're doing

I'm a Manager/Leader with no aspirations to rise higher in the chain. But everywhere you turn, you have to play politics while thinking 6-7 steps ahead with every action.

It's like high speed chess with each interaction

Comment

Ratheon????????????
              No, GKN Aerospace.

British owned company, but they're global.

Comment

No, GKN Aerospace.

British owned company, but they're global.
                Nice. Are you going to retire with them

Comment

Nice. Are you going to retire with them
                  No, I have plans to invest in a CNC machine and work as an independent contractor on the side. Eventually make a run at starting my own machine shop.

But it'll take a while, baby steps first. Wouldn't be too bad to retire from here, but I just want to push myself and see how far I can go on my own.

Being able to program is a huge advantage so I'm thankful for having that experience. Most machinists and engineers I knew who started their own business had a good programming background.

Comment

I work for a small startup as a software developer, couldn't be any more different than House of Cards.

Comment

No, I have plans to invest in a CNC machine and work as an independent contractor on the side. Eventually make a run at starting my own machine shop.

But it'll take a while, baby steps first. Wouldn't be too bad to retire from here, but I just want to push myself and see how far I can go on my own.

Being able to program is a huge advantage so I'm thankful for having that experience. Most machinists and engineers I knew who started their own business had a good programming background.
                      Good stuff

I'm going to try my luck in franchising

Comment

Working...
                      X