Was Canelo Exposed as a 1-Dimensional Fighter Against Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
    No. Not one-dimensional.

But Canelo showed that he's not the best strategist. It seemed he was laying back too much. He was winning exchanges, but didn't engage often enough.

He stuck himself against the ropes for no apparent reason a couple of times, and let Golokvin get in some scoring shots.
    So he kind of lacks the ring IQ of previous Mexican greats like Sanchez and Chavez. And lacks the mental fortitude of guys like Castillion and Margarito to not allow himself to be put on the ropes?

Comment

excellent stratagy by canelo. it allowed him to make it thru the fight.
      i had golovkin before and after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by STEELHEAD View Post
        excellent stratagy by canelo. it allowed him to make it thru the fight.
        i had golovkin before and after the fight.
        I see a friend. It was the art of survival, that would be a pretty good strategy for one who has been favored on the cards in recent bouts. Maybe Canelo is a better at understanding the politics of boxing outside the ring that makes up for his lack of ring IQ inside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          I dont think you know what one dimension fighter is, he boxed very well showed more movement and angles than he ever has, gassed as usual and couldnt hurt the bigger man, GGG is more one dimension than Canelo is, only knows one thing drudge forward very little movement or angles and not even cutting the ring off always leaving Canelo an escape route.
          I had it 115-113 GGG.

GGG is more one dimension than Canelo is, only knows one thing drudge forward very little movement or angles and not even cutting the ring off always leaving Canelo an escape route.

Yet It was more than enough to get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
            GGG is more one dimension than Canelo is, only knows one thing drudge forward very little movement or angles and not even cutting the ring off always leaving Canelo an escape route.

Yet It was more than enough to get the job done.
            Yes because of natural size and durability and also his ever present power, if he tried the same thing with a guy like Ward he gets beat down taken apart and destroyed.

Comment

lol.............

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Yes because of natural size and durability and also his ever present power, if he tried the same thing with a guy like Ward he gets beat down taken apart and destroyed.
                He would certainly get taken apart by Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                  So he kind of lacks the ring IQ of previous Mexican greats like Sanchez and Chavez. And lacks the mental fortitude of guys like Castillion and Margarito to not allow himself to be put on the ropes?
                  who?????????

Comment

If someone was exposed, it was Golovkin, only one clutch,
                    forward plodder, robotic, without head movement/torso,
                    (zero defense), otherwise Canelo was excellent, pivotal combinations,
                    superb defense, counter punching beautifully.
                    So, there is your answer.
                    Last edited by maac; 09-17-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      who?????????
                      Sorry friend but I can't answer any of your questions until you either:

A. Sober Up

B. Admit Canelo was exposed.

C. Give Golovkin his respect.

Any 2 of the 3 will work.

Comment

Working...
                      X