No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Goes Bonkers Over Canelo-Golovkin Scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Verus View Post
    Yes indeed. She did everyone a disservice, particularly the boxers. In this case, her off the wall scoring harmed Canelo more than GGG. I don't think she should judge another fight. The fighters make their living boxing. For some, a loss means a big loss of future income. The Nevada Athletic Commission should be held to account -- this from someone who had Canelo ahead 7rounds to 5.
    Yup it actually hurts Canelo, not Golovkin. If she scored 114-114, its still a draw, so same impact on Golovkin as a 118-110 card.

But 118-110 set off fire alarms, and I don't think it will be as bad as the Bradley fallout, but Bradley took a lot of undeserved heat because the judges failed in that one, even though it was none of his fault. If Byrd had a closer scorecard it would have blown over fairly quickly, but Byrd put paid to that.

A primarily Mexican crowd cheering Golovkin and booing Canelo at the end had to be a kick to his heart too.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
      Yup it actually hurts Canelo, not Golovkin. If she scored 114-114, its still a draw, so same impact on Golovkin as a 118-110 card.

But 118-110 set off fire alarms, and I don't think it will be as bad as the Bradley fallout, but Bradley took a lot of undeserved heat because the judges failed in that one, even though it was none of his fault. If Byrd had a closer scorecard it would have blown over fairly quickly, but Byrd put paid to that.

A primarily Mexican crowd cheering Golovkin and booing Canelo at the end had to be a kick to his heart too.
      Yes, her scoring soured what really was a good fight. She needs to find another vocation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Of course theres corruption in boxing

Just this year alone there was the Pac vs Horn and McGregor was gonna get robbed if it went the distance no matter what

This isn't anything new and I'm glad Atlas is speaking out on it
        McGregor? LOL. Stop smoking crack

Comment

• Originally posted by klutz View Post
          McGregor? LOL. Stop smoking crack
          Mac got paid $30 million for a two month soap opera. Paulie got robbed.

Comment

Working...
          X