Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ali's style much more superior than mayweather's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=djtmal;17434824]
    Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Jigglenuts...let me break it down to you, so even infants like you will understand...

Ali, fought everybody in their prime, win or lose. Frazier stayed a threat, Norton and Foreman when they were coming up. Hell I'd even throw Spinks, Lyle, and Shavers in there when he couldn't dance no more. Safe, was not in his vocabulary.

Floyd, is the epitome of a safe fighter. Period. From the way fights are negotiated to how the actual fight plays out. Health came first. Threats are avoided at all costs.
    djtmal Ali is a DEFENSIVE SAFETY fighter first and was till his last fight. You are a dope the thread is about STYLES which you clearly TRIED to go in other directions with unrelated career B.S..again go back to the END of the line ,you lack boxing IQ when it comes to ACTUALLY critiqing/analyzing fighters. Trolling me is going to go VERY bad for you...
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-18-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=juggernaut666;17435013][QUOTE=djtmal;17434824]

djtmal Ali is a DEFENSIVE SAFETY fighter first and was till his last fight. You are a dope the thread is about STYLES which you clearly TRIED to go in other direcrtions..again go back to the END of the line ,you lack boxing IQ when it comes to ACTUALLY critiqing fighters. Trolling me is going to go VERY bad for you... [/QUOTE

Dude, Bozo the clown, defense ain't the only thing that makes up a fighters style, and I can critique as I feel.

You have the mentality of a two year old. Go play somewhere and stay out of grown folks conversation.

Comment

[QUOTE=juggernaut666;17435013]
        Originally posted by djtmal View Post

:

Please man you ain't nobody I can tell. Lol

Dueces, but, You might want to look into this billybob they might have some work for you:

Everybody loves a clown! And GigMasters can make it easy to find and hire a clown for your next event. Perfect for birthday parties, clowns are fun and entertaining and will bring the whole family together. Hire a clown for your next party and let the good times roll!

Comment

[QUOTE=djtmal;17435115][QUOTE=juggernaut666;17435013]

djtmal Ali is a DEFENSIVE SAFETY fighter first and was till his last fight. You are a dope the thread is about STYLES which you clearly TRIED to go in other direcrtions..again go back to the END of the line ,you lack boxing IQ when it comes to ACTUALLY critiqing fighters. Trolling me is going to go VERY bad for you... [/QUOTE

Dude, Bozo the clown, defense ain't the only thing that makes up a fighters style, and I can critique as I feel.

You have the mentality of a two year old. Go play somewhere and stay out of grown folks conversation.
          djtmal The THREAD is about style ,you clown? CLEARLY Ali was more defensive than Mayweather ...he HAD to be because he didnt have the talent to force guys to make mistakes as much in an offensive manner...again DOPE trolling gets you no where here.( you didnt even think ali was defensive)..BELEIVE me you are a dope just go away here..lol

"Muhammad Ali, imo, defied logic."
          yes that seems to be your forte!

" Just because Muhammad Ali, operated in a backwards fashion, didn't necessarily make him a safety first fighter. The fact that he has a large amount of ko's should be proof enough of that." Dummy...
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-18-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I would say they were just different defensively, and defense doesn't make up a fighter totally. Plus fighters age differently depending on who it is. Ali had far more pro fights than Floyd Mayweather, and Floyd, fought a lot of cats that were tailor made for him.
            They were just totally different. Ali used his mouth to promote the event, and was a showman in the ring. Floyd used his mouth to promote the event, but rarely does the event, live up to the hype.
            True about promotional approaches, but mayweathers style is defensively superior. He just needs to do less to achieve more defensively. Ali stood with his head high frequently, but his offense was superior to mayweathers. I enjoy both and there are pros and cons to both styles but I feel there are clear cut differences.

Comment

Floyd is the best ever

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                Gold medal to lineal champion. 3 years robbed of his lively hood he came back and still conquered the world. Rumble in the jungle is probably the greatest fight ever. Forget the media, the history books don't lie.
                Skill wise he still sucks though brah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  I think you'll find out that knocking ATG on this forum will get you attention, it will be negative but if thats what you need go for it.

Have a nice life sonny.

Ray
                  I dont wanna crave for attention but to speak the truth. So if you disagree what ive said then come counter my argument instead of being mad you dumb****

Skill wise Ali is much more limited. & I'll tell you again why...

Ali...
                  -barely hit to the body
                  - don't fight in the inside
                  - move too much to his left barely move to the right.
                  - when got cut in the ring Ali resorted to ropeadope
                  - never move forward to pressure the opponent and go toe to toe.
                  - only fought brawler all his life. Never once fought a tactical boxer that pick their shots

I mean yeah, old school fighters are fun to watch (cause of the KO's and possible PED intake that goes unnoticeable). but their ring generalships are all **** cause their boxing strategies and fighting knowledge back then arent as broad as todays.
                  Last edited by CharlieZelepuss; 02-19-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
                    Floyd is the best ever
                    at ducking.

Comment

Like it or not Floyd used to love and imitate Ali, here are the similarities:
                      -Both called themselves as the best and the greatest and boasted almost as if they were gods.
                      -Both did pose with piles of money and used it to make white people hate them.
                      -Both called themselves pretty, Ali used to say he was the prettiest and Floyd used to be known as The Pretty Boy
                      -Before the fights both used to tell the rounds their opponent's will get KO'd. Floyd used to do that as the Pretty Boy, and not to forget that Ali faced a lawsuit/investigation because his opponents used to go down at the rounds he called before the fight
                      -Both used the pull counter.
                      -Both had the same bending routine: bend down at waist-->pivot--->take a long step back to create distance(so you are now in southpaw)---> reset to orthodox.
                      -vs Andre Berto, Floyd fought just like Ali, he danced, head slips and pulling back.

Comment

Working...
                      X