No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua vs Prime Vitali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitali would bend Joshua over

Vitali had the best chin ever, awkward style, heavy hands, and man he was massive.

Vitali by KO mid fight

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Vitali. For some reason, a lot of people don't know much about Vitali and think he's like Wlad. Vitali would have picked Joshua apart.
      You are spot on.. Not many people know much about Vitali., it could also be because of his absence due to the injuries.. Wlad is a better boxer but Vitali is a better fighter.. He had this mean streak to him which intimidated a lot of guys..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        You are spot on.. Not many people know much about Vitali., it could also be because of his absence due to the injuries.. Wlad is a better boxer but Vitali is a better fighter.. He had this mean streak to him which intimidated a lot of guys..
        Indeed. The thing I remember most is that angled jab that came in like an hooking uppercut. It would just repeatedly stifle guys as soon as they got in range or made any attempt to attack. I asked a couple of boxing coaches how he does that with such power and without straining his shoulder (because it's all shoulder) and their replies were essentially, "Because he's Vitali Klitschko".

Comment

At this point in Joshua's career, a very easy TKO for Klit.

Comment

There is a reason why Lewis did not rematch Vitali. He could hit Vitali with a hammer but he will get tired doing it and get KOed due to fatigue.

Vitali is tall, awkward, and has power. He was used to taking kicks in the head. Joshua will fall down hard.

Comment

Vits beats the inexperienced Joshua and his fans call it an all time great win!!

Comment

Vital is so much better then Wlad. There is a reason people bring up the Lewis fight when talking about how great he was even though he loss because he was winning that fight. The only thing he has in common with Wlad is he still uses his size to his advantage but he was a lot tougher and put more of a beating on his opponents whereas Wlad finished somebody it almost looked like it was on accident

Joshua isn't proven enough to pick him against Vital. Vital 10-11th round TKO/KO

Comment

I'm assuming this is not a serious question..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Indeed. The thing I remember most is that angled jab that came in like an hooking uppercut. It would just repeatedly stifle guys as soon as they got in range or made any attempt to attack. I asked a couple of boxing coaches how he does that with such power and without straining his shoulder (because it's all shoulder) and their replies were essentially, "Because he's Vitali Klitschko".

Good observation! I used to call it a hook-jab.. I remember reading an interview with Steward where he was talking about Lewis-Vitali fight and he said Lennox came to the corner after he won and he said "you know Manny he is not easy to fight".. Manny used to say that Vitali had like a sixth sense kinds and he would know exactly when the next punch would come from and he used to sway away.. Have you seen his dodgy defense.. Boy it's mighty impressive, he dodges a punch by just moving his upper body, Wlad blocks it with his hands but Vitali just leans back whilst the punch is coming and pretty quick..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                      Good observation! I used to call it a hook-jab.. I remember reading an interview with Steward where he was talking about Lewis-Vitali fight and he said Lennox came to the corner after he won and he said "you know Manny he is not easy to fight".. Manny used to say that Vitali had like a sixth sense kinds and he would know exactly when the next punch would come from and he used to sway away.. Have you seen his dodgy defense.. Boy it's mighty impressive, he dodges a punch by just moving his upper body, Wlad blocks it with his hands but Vitali just leans back whilst the punch is coming and pretty quick..
                      Yea, it's such "poor form", the kind of thing you would bash a lesser fighter for doing, but the fact that it works for him is part of his brilliance. That's another example of something I learned about boxing; just because a world class fighter gets away with it doesn't mean you can too.

Waiting for Weltschmerz to comment in this thread. I'm sure he has an opinion on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X