Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo-Fielding Probably Gets DAZN 1 Million Subscribers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    A sports bar? I have yet to find a sports bar that shows any sporting even via a stream from an app. They're not set up for that yet, doesn't mean they won't, but I doubt it. I couldn't find any in the LA area that even showed the Bud or Manny fights on ESPN+
    They're missing an opportunity there, surely any enterprising bar manager want's to maximize the reasons for drawing in punters to spend at their place instead of somebody else's? Sports streaming's not taken off yet here in the UK- Sky and BT subscription TV still hold the monopoly on live sports, but if there's a change it's the bar managers that will capitalize on it 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Hahaha I'm being petulant, look at your response, you are getting mad, yet I'm petulant.

And to the last paragraph...***** please, I was here before you and I'm sure long after you. I've seen your agenda here ever since the DAZN Matchroom deal got announced, you're part of a sour group of American fans, that first said this would get no traction, then said no real stars would come over, now this,

"well well it's got nothing to do with Hearn" It's pathetic.

Eddie Hearn put DAZN on the map, HBO decided to opt out and yes that limited Canelo's options, but don't pretend the deal had nothing to do with Eddie Hearn, hes spent the last several months promoting DAZN. He was apart of the dialogue and in the meetings with GBP. You don't think the Fielding negotiations led to talks with DAZN, the fact that Hearn has Jacobs and Andrade had anything to do with it? Yes anyone saying Hearn owns DAZN, etc etc is misinformed, but you're also incorrect.

But yeah tell yourself whatever you want...
      I think the message most were trying to pass was that the Alvarez deal was not a co-promotional deal where Hearn would be involved in who (unless its against Matchroom fighter) and when Alvarez fought, nor was it some sort of indication that Hearn was a managing partner or owner of DAZN (recall the Hearn's taking over boxing post). In response, multiple posters have made some sort of conciliatory point that Hearn was involved vocally to help get the deal done. That's great and he will likely benefit from the deal past the Fielding fight should Alvarez choose to unify with Andrade. Not sure they fight Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        AJ Vs Klitschko did 660k average

AJ Parker did 350 k with showtimes first replay in the evening doing 430k average with a peak of 483,000

You're talking our of your arse in regards to companies reporting figures and using sky in that sentence because sky never report their PPV sales
        You're using numbers from the replay LMAO to justify his low ass performance .

Klitchko was a star in and of himself and AJ could only do 660K with HBO a larger platform.

Those were his 2 biggest fights. What did he do with Breazle or Charles Martin?

Martin was 275K

https://www.************.com/2016/04...wers-showtime/

Breazeale 227K LMAO. Stop lying out here

https://www.************.com/2016/07...-poor-ratings/
        Last edited by MC Hammer; 10-19-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          True that... I just cancelled mine yesterday before the free trial was up. DAZN is pretty bare. Not worth keeping as a on going subscription for me. I would re subscribe for a month if there's a big fight to see but that's it. There hasn't been any exciting fights on DAZN that I couldn't get somewhere else for free.
          Were you able to watch it on TV? From what I understand they are not on XBOX or PS so I wouldn't have an HDMI to hook it up with to a TV.

Comment

I'm going to subscribe to DAZN in the near future but certainly not for this dog crap fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
              AJ-Parker did 500k and UK PPV number aren't reported like they are in the US. Sky are the only ones who release the numbers.
              The fight vs Charles Martin and Dominic Breazle did considerably less at 227K and like 275K so about the average that I said. If only SKY release the numbers then what I may be wrong on that end as far the 15K views, but he not doing **** stateside

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                You're using numbers from the replay LMAO to justify his low ass performance .

Klitchko was a star in and of himself and AJ could only do 660K with HBO a larger platform.

Those were his 2 biggest fights. What did he do with Breazle or Charles Martin?

Martin was 275K

https://www.************.com/2016/04...wers-showtime/

Breazeale 227K LMAO. Stop lying out here

https://www.************.com/2016/07...-poor-ratings/
                No those are the showtime numbers for Klitschko... The HBO replay later did alot more.

The 659k average for Klitschko / Joshua was the largest live audience for an afternoon boxing event on showtime

The HBO replay averaged 783k later in the evening.

Check your facts mate.

To use him winning his first belt against Charles Martin.. and Dominic breazeale.. both also unknowns in your market at the time is pitiful and you know it.

Very easy to Google mate... You don't have to lie

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  No those are the showtime numbers for Klitschko... The HBO replay later did alot more.

The 659k average for Klitschko / Joshua was the largest live audience for an afternoon boxing event on showtime

The HBO replay averaged 783k later in the evening.

Check your facts mate.

To use him winning his first belt against Charles Martin.. and Dominic breazeale.. both also unknowns in your market at the time is pitiful and you know it.

Very easy to Google mate... You don't have to lie
                  You tried to use Klitchko's popularity to make AJ seem more popular than he is, and I called you on it. AJ wasn't going against a guy with name recognition on his DAZN fight, so the numbers were low. Probably around the 15K which has been mentioned. DAZN wouldn't have made the risky move that they just did to get Canelo if things were going according to plan and they were actually getting subscribers

Comment

I'd be very surprised if it did. It's not exactly a mouthwatering lash.

Comment

Working...
                    X