Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you boxing fans going to buy the Conor McGregor PPV??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khal-d View Post
    Where did I mention Jones or Cormier? Rousey and McGregor are most definitely hypejobs. Rousey most of all and McGregor's resume isn't that of a great fighter/doesn't warrant the hype he gets.
    Mcgrewgor has one of the best resumes in the UFC... WTF? He dominated holloway who is on a terror, beat porier who in on a good win streak. Beat alvarez who is a good fighter and former champion. Do you watch the sport? He's made great fighters look simple. He has the best striking in his division.

Jones lost to gufstasson and barely ever fights now. Rousey was submitting everyone she fought.

How can a boxing fan call these people hypjobs ? both sports are ALL about hype man, hype is what sells.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
      I'm a fan of both, a bigger fan of boxing though. But I'm wondering if the hardcore boxing fans are interested in this fight, if the bad blood between Conor and his opponent has crossed over to the boxing scene (no pun intended) and whether Conor gained any fans with the boxing fans after his fight with Floyd.

Cause it looking like this PPV gonna be breaking records.

You buying it
      BOXING has been DEAD

Comment

I'm buying it. It's the biggest mma event of the year. I'm getting the digital version but will link via hdmi to my 60 inch 4k tv so it should be an epic spectacle.

I've got a bunch of mates coming round to watch the event bringing drinks/food etc so it should be a good circus. Normally I go out to watch these types of events but am hosting for this card. The last event I actually hosted was May/Mac.

It's a stacked card (doesn't just rely on the main event) so I'm looking forwards to it and it should be a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll make some $ betting on it as well. Currently I only have small bets on unlikely plays (like Laflare fight going under 2.5 rounds at $4.40) but once Beterbeiv by KO bet cashes (hopefully lol, a couple hundred from my Nelo/GGG winnings on that) I'll look at betting the ufc event main lines depending on the odds.

Khabib/Conor line hasn't moved and I like the Ferg too much to bet against him.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          Mcgrewgor has one of the best resumes in the UFC... WTF? He dominated holloway who is on a terror, beat porier who in on a good win streak. Beat alvarez who is a good fighter and former champion. Do you watch the sport? He's made great fighters look simple. He has the best striking in his division.

Jones lost to gufstasson and barely ever fights now. Rousey was submitting everyone she fought.

How can a boxing fan call these people hypjobs ? both sports are ALL about hype man, hype is what sells.
          McGregor has a decent resume. But he has zero ground game, proven.

His sole strategy is to avoid being taken down. That's fine, but when Nate Diaz can manage it, as slow as he is, you know McGregor's past opposition simply hadn't used the right game plan.

He's now in there with arguably the best at ground game in UFC right now.

I won't buy it, but it's an intriguing style match up.

Comment

I wish I knew if Golovkin was going to fight Charlo because if not then I would probably get this fight instead.

Comment

two of the top fighters fighting at their peak is a no brainer for me.

Comment

I don't love MMA as much as I do boxing. In fact I have never ordered a UFC card but I have pitched on them. I might have gotten UFC 200 had Jones not been dropped it.

Comment

Nah but that's only because the fight is starting at 6 in the morning in my country

Comment

"Hunt" that "Stream" down...

P.S. Fcuk Dana White

Comment

Working...
                    X