Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molina's performance vs. Wilder and Joshua

1. Molina vs. Wilder

2. Molina vs. Joshua

There was Ricky Hatton vs Floyd then Ricky Hatton vs Pacman. Pacman finished it more quicker and decisively than Floyd but we all know how that ended.
    I wouldn't take comfort in a head to head comparison using Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
      There was Ricky Hatton vs Floyd then Ricky Hatton vs Pacman. Pacman finished it more quicker and decisively than Floyd but we all know how that ended.
      I wouldn't take comfort in a head to head comparison using Molina.
      Beat me to it. Plus, Molina was mentally already defeated going into the Joshua fight. Never tried to actually get in the fight. Not to say that Joshua can't beat Wilder, just that Molina is not going to solve this riddle.

Comment

think that fight said it all really, couldnt land a glove on joshua and got beaten to a pulp, but he gave wilder all he could handle lol

Comment

Molina didn't throw a single punch, but it's clear that Joshua stopped him quicker but if we look at it like that than Arreola would have beat Wilder but we know what happened, and Ashanti Jordan beat Molina better than anyone

Comment

Joshua is a lot more imposing than Wilder.

Comment

Triangle theories fail quite often in boxing.

For example, Matthysse demolished Peterson, Garcia beats Matthysse, and then Garcia goes life and death with Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Beat me to it. Plus, Molina was mentally already defeated going into the Joshua fight. Never tried to actually get in the fight. Not to say that Joshua can't beat Wilder, just that Molina is not going to solve this riddle.
                lol is that the road we are going down with this win... Fact is he was never a good fighter but hes good enough to give wilder problems, just like a couple of other bums have

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  lol is that the road we are going down with this win... Fact is he was never a good fighter but hes good enough to give wilder problems, just like a couple of other bums have
                  I don't have a fave between Joshua and Wilder but if you want to play fanboy games, go right ahead.

Sometimes, a TKO/KO loss in a high profile fight will mentally break a guy and cause him to be cautious the next time he gets in that position. We've seen it meant times before. You either haven't seen enough boxing or you're just fantasizing that's not what happened.

Wilder v Joshua = may the best man win. I'm not here to defend Deontay.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-11-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I was disappointed with Molina's effort last night. Maybe it was that Wilder boxed him early, gave him time to settle into the fight. Possibly he could see Wilder's longer punches coming most of the time so felt more comfortable throwing his own. Joshua took the space away, put his back to the ropes, but Molina didn't exactly make it hard for him. I thought he'd give a similar sort of performance to Breazeale who showed a lot more toughness and determination even though he got outclassed.

Comment

Working...
                    X