Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghostface wins the lottery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Boy. i wonder when my time will come.

i know n**ggas who have died before their time came. i play on in their spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      So this is why my grandaddy would always drive to the Ohio state line to buy his lotto tickets.

Lol. What a man!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        So they don't allow winners to stay anonymous in Jamaica?
        they don't even allow winners to remain anonymous here in California last time i checked

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Well. That's how you stay anonymous.

i will be collecting mine the same way.
          They still released his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            What's the point of wearing a mask if the guy's name is still on the check? People that know him are still gonna know it's him and probably hit him up for money.
            Of course they know the guy's name but this prevents crazy **** like kidnap and blackmail if he's out and about.

People do crazy **** for money, especially other people's money and this doesn't necessarily stop anything it helps though.

I would leave the country and only come back when I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
              Delaware,Georgia,*Kansas,*Maryland,*North Dakota,*Ohio,*South Carolina, andTexas*— are winners allowed to conceal their names so this isn't just a European thing. There are reasons why people would want to remain anonymous and this cultural difference you say applies in certain things and doesn't always apply in others.

as*Amy B. Wang writes*for the Washington Post, “lottery winners are famously susceptible to becoming targets for everything from extortion to blackmail to even kidnapping.”

When the Mega Millions jackpot was sitting at a record $1.6 billion, safety for the winner is no doubt a concern — but the issue is also about our right to and desire for privacy in the first place, which seems less and less achievable even for non-lottery winners. Fear of your personal information being poached and used maliciously seems more likely than any physical harm, and in the*era of Facebook data breaches, privacy feels even more precious.

Recently, a slew of legal battles and proposed bills have started to challenge the status quo, claiming that winners should have the right to privacy. This highlights the concern that the internet has catalyzed our ability to locate (and potentially harm) one another. After all, when the official American-run lottery began in 1934, there was no technology that allowed people to easily find and harass winners (or paperlessly drain their bank accounts).

Some states have recognized a right to privacy as a logical evolution to the lottery experience. This year, a judge in Merrimack, New Hampshire, ruled in favor of a woman who wanted to conceal her identity after winning $560 million. The*judge said*that “should Ms. Doe’s identity be revealed, she will be subject to an alarming amount of harassment, solicitation and other unwanted communications,” which is enough reason to let her keep her address and name private.

In 2017,*Texas passed a bill*saying that if earnings exceed $1 million, winners may conceal their identity. Democratic state Rep. Ryan Guillen said that granting anonymity was an “easy fix” to all the local and national fanfare that can plague those who win big sums of money and “provide much-needed peace and quiet to the lives of some lucky Texans.” In Georgia, a similar bill passed for those who win more than $250,000. In Arizona, winners of $600 or more can stay anonymous for 90 days after collecting their money.

In Delaware, anyone who wins any amount of money can remain anonymous; same goes for Ohio and South Carolina. Some states,*including Colorado, Vermont, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, will award the money to a trust, from which the winner can then draw, a somewhat convoluted way to remain anonymous.
              I agree with what you are saying, I wouldn’t go forward if I had the option . However idk if this is true for all the states you listed but in Massachusetts they didn’t give the lady all of the money ( it was power ball or mega millions ) since she didnt release her name , now you can fact check me on one.

As far as the big jack pot in South Carolina that still hadn’t been claimed yet correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                They still released his name.
                Gotta. Names that begin with A and the last Campbell are common down here.

Comment

Working...
                X