Youll miss golovkin when hes gone....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
    Name one victory that ranks better.
    His official loss to Canelo alone ranks better because most people thought he won and the fight was close and could've gone either way.

Wilder got outclassed and made look like an amateur. Nobody but a few nuthuggers thinks he drew let alone won the Fury fight.

Comment

hell i forgot about him already

Comment

They always miss the boxer but they won’t miss his ******ed fans

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
          He's a superb fighter and arguably has never lost a fight. People say stuff like when he stepped up he wasn't as good, which is wrong, every fighter in history when they fight other great fighters in their division have hard fights. Was he expected to just walk through Jacobs and Canelo in a round? Golovkin would be a great in any era and I'm not saying he would beat everyone, but he'd be a hard nights work for any fighter in history.
          I will miss Trip G. The guy came to work with a smile on his face and took care of business.

I thought Trip G won the first fight against Canelo Alvarez but I think that fight was closer than some people claim it to be.

The second fight against Canelo Alvarez and it looked like Trip G was gonna get worked and lose convincingly but the impressive thing is that Trip G did adapt and this fight turned in to a great one. This fight was close and could've got either way. I was happy to have seen such a great display of pugilism; both fighters have some granite in their chins.

The third fight all comes down to how much at 37 years old Trip G will have left He's got a good trainer in Abel Sanchez. Canelo Alvarez is in his prime years and he has an excellent trainer and real smart people in his corner; really showed how much he's learned from the Floyd loss a few years ago.

Trip G is in a weird spot because right now, the mindset in his camp must be that in order to beat Canelo Alvarez, it has to be by knock out because any close rounds or even remotely close rounds will automatically go the other way in the judging.

Trip G was an excellent MiddleWeight Champion that only got rarely got tested but when he did, he stepped up and gave it all he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            His official loss to Canelo alone ranks better because most people thought he won and the fight was close and could've gone either way.

Wilder got outclassed and made look like an amateur. Nobody but a few nuthuggers thinks he drew let alone won the Fury fight.

How you have the temerity to write the bolded and then in the next sentence refer to others as nuthuggers is outright embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarl of Bristol View Post
              I will miss Trip G. The guy came to work with a smile on his face and took care of business.

I thought Trip G won the first fight against Canelo Alvarez but I think that fight was closer than some people claim it to be.

The second fight against Canelo Alvarez and it looked like Trip G was gonna get worked and lose convincingly but the impressive thing is that Trip G did adapt and this fight turned in to a great one. This fight was close and could've got either way. I was happy to have seen such a great display of pugilism; both fighters have some granite in their chins.

The third fight all comes down to how much at 37 years old Trip G will have left He's got a good trainer in Abel Sanchez. Canelo Alvarez is in his prime years and he has an excellent trainer and real smart people in his corner; really showed how much he's learned from the Floyd loss a few years ago.

Trip G is in a weird spot because right now, the mindset in his camp must be that in order to beat Canelo Alvarez, it has to be by knock out because any close rounds or even remotely close rounds will automatically go the other way in the judging.

Trip G was an excellent MiddleWeight Champion that only got rarely got tested but when he did, he stepped up and gave it all he had.
              I agree the first fight was close, but I think Golovkin definitely won at least 7 and at most 8 rounds. I felt it was quite an easy fight to score. The second fight at 9 I had it 5-4 Canelo, but I thought Golovkin was unreal in the last 3 rounds and it was 7-5 GGG on my card, but could easily see 6-6 or 7-5 Canelo. Canelo was brilliant that night as well. What I don't get though is people saying Canelo ruined GGG in that fight and beat him up, etc. Nonsense, it was a great fight that could easily have been scored for Golovkin. I watched with no bias as I am a massive fan of both fighters. And people trying to say he doesn't have power at the top level, of course he does. Mike Tyson stopped knocking people out when he stepped up, but he still has immense power. The reason knock outs are much rarer at the highest level are because of a few reasons. A good to great chin is usually an attribute of a top fighter, balance, technigue and heart also play a part in that. Then there's good to great defence, that top fighters have. And also much better ability at riding shots, rather than taking them full force. If Canelo just stood there and let Golovkin just bang his face in flush, he wouldn't last long, out it that way.

Comment

How you have the temerity to write the bolded and then in the next sentence refer to others as nuthuggers is outright embarrassing.

Comment

How about you address the rest of my post instead of wilfully picking on one, irrelevant part of it as usual?

You made a stupid statement, got called out on it and now all you can do is impress some butthurt imbeciles like the guy above me. That's the petty Jedi Vader I know and love.
                  Last edited by Szef; 12-26-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    Noone has brought the knockouts, the drama and the excitement that this guy has in recent years....
                    True, he has a few more fights left in him. And a Nelo rematch.

Comment

What I will miss is posters like NaySayer triggering his fans by posting nicknames like bumlovkin and Mr 97k. Man that would piss them off. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                      X