Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Wilder Wants Undisputed, If That Matters, He'll Fight AJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
    You're making a big assumption Fury won't insist or the fight in the US or asking for a large split, say 60-40 in his favor. Wilder has already ruled out Joshua.
    I don't think Wilder or his team have ruled out Joshua. What I think they have done is drawn a line in the sand and effectively said to Hearn, I will only fight Joshua if you offer me what I feel far exceeds what I will make versus Fury.

If I were him and his team, that's exactly how I would play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      I don't think Wilder or his team have ruled out Joshua. What I think they have done is drawn a line in the sand and effectively said to Hearn, I will only fight Joshua if you offer me what I feel far exceeds what I will make versus Fury.

If I were him and his team, that's exactly how I would play it.
      Yes and it was a big negotiating mistake. Now Fury has all the leverage to demand a higher split. Wilder and Finkel are assuming Fury will accept the same split.

As I said in previous post, Wilder will have to choose between Fury, Joshua and Breazeale and none of them will be deals he likes.

Comment

He does have the leverage though because Finkel and Wilder ruled out fighting AJ. That leaves Fury or Breazeale and Hearn has said he will bid on the fight when it goes to purse bid so Fury is Wilder's only viable option where he doesn't have to deal with Hearn.

We've already heard Fury' trainer come out and say he would prefer to fight someone else and let Wilder and Joshua fight and Fury can get winner. Fury can fight another bum if he wants.

Bottom line is Wilder is between a rock and a hard place. He either has to give Fury what he wants, fight AJ on his terms or fight Breazeale which will likely go to purse bids with no rematch clause.
        Actually he is not. The whole ruled out thing is all you. This is business and Wilder and his team have not closed their ears to any offers from Hearn. The message has been, we aren't thinking about Joshua, we want the rematch, but if Hearn comes with a serious offer, we will listen. That message covers 2 points one that Wilder wants to be undisputed but not at a discount rate and two that he isn't afraid to fight Fury again in the face of the people who thought he lost.

Comment

Yes and it was a big negotiating mistake. Now Fury has all the leverage to demand a higher split. Wilder and Finkel are assuming Fury will accept the same split.

As I said in previous post, Wilder will have to choose between Fury, Joshua and Breazeale and none of them will be deals he likes.
          How will the guy with 3 options get the short end? Brazeale is a mando so the purse split is set so that blows that argument out the water. Fury has no other big fight to make other than Joshua who is currently on a media tour trying to prove to the public that he really wants to fight Wilder. So unless he has an offer from Hearn who swears they want Wilder, what leverage does Fury have? Fight me or go knock out Brazeale and reaffirm the I knock people out mantra? Fury is the one with the least amount of leverage because he can't make much money without Wilder or Joshua.

Comment

How will the guy with 3 options get the short end? Brazeale is a mando so the purse split is set so that blows that argument out the water. Fury has no other big fight to make other than Joshua who is currently on a media tour trying to prove to the public that he really wants to fight Wilder. So unless he has an offer from Hearn who swears they want Wilder, what leverage does Fury have? Fight me or go knock out Brazeale and reaffirm the I knock people out mantra? Fury is the one with the least amount of leverage because he can't make much money without Wilder or Joshua.
            dont even bother we these guys man

they want to believe wilder is between a "rock and a hard place" and nothing will stop them from believing it...no matter how absurd it is

Comment

It's not about a purse split with Breazeale, its that Hearn can bid for it and put it on DAZN. Fury has just come back he doesn't need to jump into another big fight. So if Wilder doesn't want to deal with Hearn he probably has to give Fury what he wants. If Fury has high demands and AJ isn't willing to improve his offer to Wilder then he will have to fight Breazeale with no rematch clause possibly on DAZN for a lot less money than he would make to fight Joshua or Breazeale.

Although I and I'm sure nearly everyone thinks Wilder knocks out Breazeale, its a big risk to take given that Wilder is injury prone and there is no rematch clause with so much money on the table for Joshua fight.

Comment

offer wilder more than £3-25 and a can of soda and ftetch coward to las vegas

pretty simple really ed sperm you want the fight,and really want wilder fetch your cowardly chicken to vegas,big money and the yellowbelly not in front of his football hooligan fans,they don't go to watch yellowbelly they go to insult each other all night,pretty much agays mob are all footy fans,boxing in vegas will attract a top cast of celebrities and greatest boxers as did the wilder fury bout....answer that clown prince ed sperm get a set between you get the fight to america

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  No one gives a **** about AJ man
                  the only ones who don’t give a **** about Aj are wilder fans and the knowledge that Joshua will smash your boy to bits.
                  Wilder is useless

Comment

It's not about a purse split with Breazeale, its that Hearn can bid for it and put it on DAZN. Fury has just come back he doesn't need to jump into another big fight. So if Wilder doesn't want to deal with Hearn he probably has to give Fury what he wants. If Fury has high demands and AJ isn't willing to improve his offer to Wilder then he will have to fight Breazeale with no rematch clause possibly on DAZN for a lot less money than he would make to fight Joshua or Breazeale.

Although I and I'm sure nearly everyone thinks Wilder knocks out Breazeale, its a big risk to take given that Wilder is injury prone and there is no rematch clause with so much money on the table for Joshua fight.
                    Only in the land of make believe does Hearn bid on a fight between two PBC fighters. All this if stuff like Fury team knows what Hearn is doing and Hearn knows what Warren is doing.

Also, Wilder fought Ortiz when everyone thought he was risking a big AJ fight, that risk stuff doesn't bother him.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      dont even bother we these guys man

they want to believe wilder is between a "rock and a hard place" and nothing will stop them from believing it...no matter how absurd it is
                      They really do. I guess they want him to lose or lose financially.

Comment

Working...
                      X