Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the general consensus now that Wilder smokes AJ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
    AJ is not Ali. We need to stop pretending he is floating like a butterfly and accept it for what it is...HYPE.

Yes he is decently powerful but nowhere near Wilder's power and his chin...his chin has already informed the world who wins if he ever fights Wilder. He won't.

He will sooner throw himself in front of a truck...
    Get a bucket and cry in it.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      Get a bucket and cry in it.
      Hey Timmy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Let's just pretend your big black idol has a great chin and pretend Ruiz fight never happened OK?

AJ is the GOAT!

Cool?

Comment

Wilder would catch him at some point, AJ just looks too flawed and even beating Ruiz he didn't look smooth or relaxed in there

For his best chance at winning I seem to be in the minority in thinking AJ needs to step to Wilder from the opening bell. Fury only just got through 12 rounds trying to box and AJ doesn't have his chin, footwork or defence. Ortiz did well when he boxed on the front foot, even though he looked bad when having to chase Hammer and Scott. AJ is better coming forward than Ortiz, worse at boxing+moving than Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Ortiz is good only in fantasy of Wilder fans. He is old Cuban without any serious success as an amateur.

Wilder didn`t beat Fury, it was a draw. Ortiz is not better than Povetkin, Parker or Whyte.
          Ortiz would KO Joshua...

This is why Joshua had NO interest in Ortiz. They know their limits over in the U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Only in the minds of the Wilder fanboys. The just saw one change of gameplan from AJ, and all of a sudden AJ is a long range Wladimir Klitschko now.
            Klitschko would've beat Wilder thou

Comment

Still picking AJ but I used to have a lot more confidence in my pick, his chin has looked a lot worse in the past 12 months while Wilders power seems to be getting more impressive. Still he’s the better boxer and punches hard enough to drop Wilder and finish him, on the flip side all Wilder needs is a flush right hand and it’s all over. Near enough 50-50 fight now.

You will have some Wilder fans screaming to the hills that Wilder wins in 2/3 rounds...... he’s only ever done that against punch bag types that he can freely unload on. Against a good boxer with Power he will be cautious early on and that’s when Joshua has to capitalise.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                Hey Timmy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Let's just pretend your big black idol has a great chin and pretend Ruiz fight never happened OK?

AJ is the GOAT!

Cool?
                Yes, Ortiz, Dulhapaus, Spizlka, Breazeale and Arreola knocks out AJ in the first rd. LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Wilder would catch him at some point, AJ just looks too flawed and even beating Ruiz he didn't look smooth or relaxed in there

For his best chance at winning I seem to be in the minority in thinking AJ needs to step to Wilder from the opening bell. Fury only just got through 12 rounds trying to box and AJ doesn't have his chin, footwork or defence. Ortiz did well when he boxed on the front foot, even though he looked bad when having to chase Hammer and Scott. AJ is better coming forward than Ortiz, worse at boxing+moving than Fury.
                  That's exactly how he beats him, power boxing, using technique to move Wilder out of position and trying to check mate him

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Agree with this all the way. Joshua will need to get in Wilder's face. As someone else put it in another thread, it might end up being a race to the KO

I'm surprised at all the talk of Wilder v AJ though, is everyone assuming the Fury v Wilder rematch is gonna go Wilder's way or something

The much more exciting fight to be speculating about, from a British point of view, is Fury v AJ. It would be a huge boxing event, even if the Wilder v AJ fight is the more intriguing match-up stylistically

Comment

He's going to have to take the fight to Wilder ala Hagler-Hearns. Fury nearly boxed the perfect fight and still got clocked twice. He will have to engage because I don't believe he can box outside of Wilder's punching range for 12 without being caught once.

Comment

Working...
                      X