No announcement yet.

Shin Splints, Jumprope

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shin Splints, Jumprope

Having Shin Splints caused by jump-roping is common for me and happened a couple of times. Is this normal? How do I prevent this injury while jump-roping in the future? I have also looked into compression sleeves for the lower leg. Worth the buy?

It depends Rey, if you're young (teen) it's common for runners, nut sure if you should be getting them much from jump rope, if you're an adult it's might be a sign of a health problem, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
      It depends Rey, if you're young (teen) it's common for runners, nut sure if you should be getting them much from jump rope, if you're an adult it's might be a sign of a health problem, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
      I am 17 going on 18. I don't do much running (As I should), so I do not think that running is causing the pain. If not jump-rope I can only think of my footwork during doing rounds of shadow. Note, I got this injury when I first learned how to jump-rope which was only around 5 months ago.

Comment

see a dr. at 17 idk why you should be having that issue. fragile bones idk.

Comment

Originally posted by RayNguyen View Post
          I am 17 going on 18. I don't do much running (As I should), so I do not think that running is causing the pain. If not jump-rope I can only think of my footwork during doing rounds of shadow. Note, I got this injury when I first learned how to jump-rope which was only around 5 months ago.
          Ok that makes sense, well it's a matter of soreness and pain Vs recovery and rest, when your shins hurt, it's because of the stress of an activity you are doing that your body is not used to, all it means is you need to rest, recover, take it easy and eat healthy, don't drink soda, ,,, just a guess here but is it safe to assume you went to a boxing gym and they told you to do a lot of jump rope rounds?

Comment

Turmeric for inflammation Vitamin K2 7 for stronger bones with Vitamin D3

Comment

What kinda surface you skipping on?

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
                Ok that makes sense, well it's a matter of soreness and pain Vs recovery and rest, when your shins hurt, it's because of the stress of an activity you are doing that your body is not used to, all it means is you need to rest, recover, take it easy and eat healthy, don't drink soda, ,,, just a guess here but is it safe to assume you went to a boxing gym and they told you to do a lot of jump rope rounds?
                I just see jump-roping as an asset to footwork and was never told to by the gym I go to. I am going go into amatuer boxing soon and conditioning for it at the moment increasing my skill.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                  What kinda surface you skipping on?
                  Hardwood floor

Comment

Some weird answers here.
                    Most likely, you're jumping too high and need to develop an economy of motion.
                    This relates to the second most likely reason, you haven't built up enough strength yet. Start small and work up.
                    Also, make sure you're either using appropriate shoes.

Comment

Working...
                    X