No announcement yet.

I am very pissed at the UFC right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very pissed at the UFC right now

I have always defended the UFC vs PRIDE. When people would tash them over PRIDE I would stand up for them. I feel let down, I feel betrayed.

What Zuffa did to Philip Miller is low. The had a contract with him, and when they wouldn't honour it, he stood up for himself. They then made him look like a ***** by saying he turned down a fight wth Matt and Phil, which he did, but not for the reasons you might think.

In Millers contract it states he will not make less than half of what is opponet would. The UFC told them that Baroni was going to make more the double what Miller was going to get paid, Miller said he would take the fight, but only if he got more money. The UFC refused and shut it down.

Miller only wanted to fight within the contract he signed. He was getting shafted and stood up for himself. For that, Dana White goes on the UG and makes him look like a *****. **** that, thats not right.

With the UFC treating fighters like crap, and PRIDE turning its self into a freak show, I feel like I want to cry. My MMA world is going down the crapper.

If this is true, Dana's lost my respect. Sounds like he's turning into a Vince McMahon.

Comment

I go with you ... the dangerous money making greed that threaten big MMA events turning them into Pro-Wrestling.

Our only hope is the real fans of the True MMA, we know what MMA is and what big events like Pride and UFC are.

Comment

In the future the smaller shows that are paying fighters well will get a peice of that UFC/ Pride pay check. Everything will balance out then our sport can really grow. Priide & UFC just got a head start on people like King of the Cage, Hook & Shoot, Shooto, UCC, FFC, Renegades, ect. Thing will balance out & the newer promoters that are doing thing right will get their reward.

Comment

zuffa is Don King.

Comment

[quote:a6298cdae9="Gracie Austin"]In the future the smaller shows that are paying fighters well will get a peice of that UFC/ Pride pay check. Everything will balance out then our sport can really grow. Priide & UFC just got a head start on people like King of the Cage, Hook & Shoot, Shooto, UCC, FFC, Renegades, ect. Thing will balance out & the newer promoters that are doing thing right will get their reward.[/quote:a6298cdae9]

It is when this happens that MMA will truly grow beyond what it is today.

Spot on

Comment

Based on Zuffas reply to that email maybe theres more to it. he says that no were in the contract does it state miller is never to make half of his opponents purse.

Comment

Possibly why a new outfit named [b:ddbe1b3cf4]Venom[/b:ddbe1b3cf4] has been created, because of things like whats going on with UFC and Miller camp. Venom wants to create a behind the scenes atmosphere of whats going on before, during & after the events, should be exciting. I was reading on the Venom website about MMA, you guys should check it out, pretty interesting what they are planning.

Comment

I agree Venom takes care of there fighters, and does not let scrubs fight.

scorpion

Comment

[quote:74728c947f="Jeremy Jackson"]I agree Venom takes care of there fighters, and does not let scrubs fight.

scorpion[/quote:74728c947f]

i bet thats why you are fightin there eh? :wink:

Comment

Working...
                    X