Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most underrated fighters in fantasy fights...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
    Floyd Patterson, Terry Norris, who else?

people forget how well he did the second Ali fight and his late career resurgence...some felt he has an undeserved loss too

all people remember is him getting dropped, but dont remember he always got up, except for when his clocked was cleaned smdh

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
      All of those fighters you listed have different styles of pressure fighting and different attributes, and some are more boxer-punchers than pressure fighters like Cotto. Floyd proved to struggled with tricky, unpredictable relentless pressure fighters not flat footed mid range boxer-punchers like Canelo. Maidana had success against Floyd because he was super aggressive, awkwarded, used clever little faints and set up traps. Floyd beats your average boxer-puncher and predictable pressure fighter every night of the week, but the ones with an edge and a bit of intelligence caused Floyd problems. Chavez Sr was not your average pressure fighter. The guy was a master at closing off the ring and has one of the most complete skillsets in boxing history.

Pernell, Meldrick, Frankie and Floyd have totally different styles ffs. It isnt as simple as just slick and fast handed. Your knowledge of Boxing styles is basic as **** and you're quite frankly embarrassing yourself with posts like that.

Anyway you said Chavez would 'NEVER' beat Floyd. I'm saying versions of Floyd beats versions of Chavez because I'm not a simple minded ignoramus.

My question to you is still - Would the Floyd that struggled with Castillo beat prime Chavez?
      Yeah, Floyd with a busted shoulder would struggle against Chavez..

Name the fighters Ross or Chavez beat that resemble anything like Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Yeah, Floyd with a busted shoulder would struggle against Chavez..

Name the fighters Ross or Chavez beat that resemble anything like Floyd?
        Was the busted shoulder proven? Anyway he still had trouble with Castillo in the second fight, yes he won but he still struggled with Castillo's style.

Name the fighters Floyd beat that resembled anything like Chavez or Ross?

Comment

Was the busited shoulder proven? Anyway he still had trouble with Castillo in the second fight, yes he won but he still struggled with Castillo's style.

Name the fighters Floyd beat that resembled anything like Chavez or Ross?
          I already did...

Now you tell me who Ross n Chavez beat that resembles Floyd..

Comment

I already did...

Now you tell me who Ross n Chavez beat that resembles Floyd..
            No, you put up a list of fighters that couldn't lace Chavez Sr or Barney Ross's gloves. Castillo is the closest Floyd fought to Chavez and old ass Oscar the closest stylistically he fought to Barney Ross and it's not even that close as Chavez is levels above Castillo and Barney Ross was more complete than Oscar, more accurate, much smarter, but had less power. Ross was one of the toughest guys to ever grace a boxing ring on top of that. Floyd has never fought a guy that great.

Stylistically Chavez and Ross to my knowledge didn't fight anybody that similar to Floyd. I'm not sure either fought anybody as economical and defensive minded as Floyd. If I had to chose a fighter similar to Floyd that Ross fought it would be Canzoneri who was a highly intelligent fighter and one of the greatest ever counter punchers like Floyd also is.

There is no doubt in my mind Floyd Has put on performances against certain fighters that prove on those nights he would lose if he was up against the best of Chavez Sr and Barney Ross. My problem with your opinion as that you said Floyd would never lose to those guys which is extremely wrong when we all seen Floyd struggle against much lesser fighters.
            Last edited by DJ Enerate; 11-30-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

No, you put up a list of fighters that couldn't lace Chavez Sr or Barney Ross's gloves. Castillo is the closest Floyd fought to Chavez and old ass Oscar the closest stylistically he fought to Barney Ross and it's not even that close as Chavez is levels above Castillo and Barney Ross was more complete than Oscar, more accurate, much smarter, but had less power. Ross was one of the toughest guys to ever grace a boxing ring on top of that. Floyd has never fought a guy that great.

Stylistically Chavez and Ross to my knowledge didn't fight anybody that similar to Floyd. I'm not sure either fought anybody as economical and defensive minded as Floyd. If I had to chose a fighter similar to Floyd that Ross fought it would be Canzoneri who was a highly intelligent fighter and one of the greatest ever counter punchers like Floyd also is.

There is no doubt in my mind Floyd Has put on performances against certain fighters that prove on those nights he would lose if he was up against the best of Chavez Sr and Barney Ross. My problem with your opinion as that you said Floyd would never lose to those guys which is extremely wrong when we all seen Floyd struggle against much lesser fighters.

Lmao...

Keep proving my point that floyd is underrated in fantasy fights..

Guy has only been p4p undefeated for 2 decades and dominated a dozen first ballot hall of famers..

Your problem with me can be that I said floyd wouldn't lose... You gave no evidence to support your claim except that "one time" floyd struggled to a win with castillo when he injured his shoulder...

I asked you to name guys that were slick boxers that chavez and Ross beat yet you can't name any, yet think they would beat floyd...

I literally got laughed at for saying floyd is underrated in fantasy fights, and you laugh at me even though you cant support any of your claims...

Still waiting on you to name opponents that chavez and Ross beat that were even remotely in the same league as floyd...

You do realize that floyd dominated more hall of famers than anyone in modern times

Genero
              Corrales
              Castillo
              Hatton
              Cotto
              Oscar
              Marquez
              Manny
              Canelo

All I'm asking for is you to name the "slick" boxers chavez and Ross beat... Shouldn't be so hard...

Especially since my boxing knowledge is "basic as ****" in your view.. So please drop some knowledge on me and support your claim that chavez and Ross would beat floyd...
              Just name the similar fighters to floyd that they beat... That's all I'm asking..

Support your positions

Comment

Lmao...

Keep proving my point that floyd is underrated in fantasy fights..

Guy has only been p4p undefeated for 2 decades and dominated a dozen first ballot hall of famers..

Your problem with me can be that I said floyd wouldn't lose... You gave no evidence to support your claim except that "one time" floyd struggled to a win with castillo when he injured his shoulder...

I asked you to name guys that were slick boxers that chavez and Ross beat yet you can't name any, yet think they would beat floyd...

I literally got laughed at for saying floyd is underrated in fantasy fights, and you laugh at me even though you cant support any of your claims...

Still waiting on you to name opponents that chavez and Ross beat that were even remotely in the same league as floyd...

You do realize that floyd dominated more hall of famers than anyone in modern times

Genero
                Corrales
                Castillo
                Hatton
                Cotto
                Oscar
                Marquez
                Manny
                Canelo

All I'm asking for is you to name the "slick" boxers chavez and Ross beat... Shouldn't be so hard...

Especially since my boxing knowledge is "basic as ****" in your view.. So please drop some knowledge on me and support your claim that chavez and Ross would beat floyd...
                Just name the similar fighters to floyd that they beat... That's all I'm asking..

Support your positions
                Some of the so called hall guys you listed that Floyd beat arnt even in the hall of fame you complete spastic lol.

Barney Ross beat two top tier ATG's that I know of in Jimmy McLarnin and Tony Canzeroni. And I already said Tony Canzeroni has similarities in style to Floyd but was a much more dangerous fighter. If Ross can beat guys of that level he's not struggling with the pathetic versions of Floyd who struggled against the likes of Castillo x2. To say that Floyd would never lose to two fighters levels above fighters Floyd struggled against is ignorance of the highest level.

As for Chavez it goes without saying he would have beat the **** out of any lightweight version of Floyd just off watching those two fights with Castillo and he didn't look great at lightweight like he did at super feather. Chavez wrecks him at lightweight as does Ross.

The question still stands - Does the Floyd Mayweather who struggled with Castillo twice beat Chavez and Ross? Answer the question.

Support your own positions, hypocrit.

Comment

Some of the so called hall guys you listed that Floyd beat arnt even in the hall of fame you complete spastic lol.

Barney Ross beat two top tier ATG's that I know of in Jimmy McLarnin and Tony Canzeroni. And I already said Tony Canzeroni has similarities in style to Floyd but was a much more dangerous fighter. If Ross can beat guys of that level he's not struggling with the pathetic versions of Floyd who struggled against the likes of Castillo x2. To say that Floyd would never lose to two fighters levels above fighters Floyd struggled against is ignorance of the highest level.

As for Chavez it goes without saying he would have beat the **** out of any lightweight version of Floyd just off watching those two fights with Castillo and he didn't look great at lightweight like he did at super feather. Chavez wrecks him at lightweight as does Ross.

The question still stands - Does the Floyd Mayweather who struggled with Castillo twice beat Chavez and Ross? Answer the question.

Support your own positions, hypocrit.

yeah the floyd who "struggled" with castillo would beat chavez that struggled with meldrick, pernell, frankie..

He would also beat ross,, any version of ross.. Ross would get gatti'd

Comment

yeah the floyd who "struggled" with castillo would beat chavez that struggled with meldrick, pernell, frankie..

Chavez struggled with Uncle Roger too (second time)

But in fairness, I think both Mayweather and Chavez have tools that could cause the other problems. It's a great fight.

Comment

nah

I do think Floyd beats him. But Ross would probably be the second best fighter on his resume. No chance he Gatti's him or anything close

Comment

Working...
                      X