No announcement yet.

How you guys breath when throwing punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j
    when i spar, i never open the mouth. not anytime.

i would say that you shouldn't focus too much on breathing out as well. it could leave you winded and tired quicker than you should be.
    after youve done it for a while it becomes normal and you dont focus on it at all. And as for whether you breath through the mouth or nose, its definatly the mouth. You keep your teath together and make short breaths as you punch, it makes sort of a hissing sound. Never breath with your mouth wide open though.

Comment

Breathing out when you punch increases your explosiveness and tenses up your abs tto prepare for a counter to the body.
      Last edited by Kid Achilles; 05-14-2006, 05:00 PM.

Comment

after youve done it for a while it becomes normal and you dont focus on it at all. And as for whether you breath through the mouth or nose, its definatly the mouth. You keep your teath together and make short breaths as you punch, it makes sort of a hissing sound. Never breath with your mouth wide open though
        i think you misunderstood. i mean don't exhale with a loud yell like you see karate(i've studied karate over a decade ago, so i know a little about it). i personally don't breathe through my mouth, even when exhaling on a punch. i don't need to.

btw, that hissing sound is actually a bit of air that is compressed using the diaphram being released on a sharp exhalation - just in case you've wondered about the physical mechanics of that.

Breathing out when you punch increases your explosiveness and tenses up your abs tto prepare for a counter to the body.
        agreed, you don't normally want to be inhaling while you punch. you also don't want to be inhaling while recieving a punch. however, i have to point out, unnecessary tension will inhibit your power in a punch though. but, i bet you knew that anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by wiso2008
          Me and a friend of mine where in a argument the order day he was telling me that everytime I trough a punch or a kick I should breath trough my Mouth....I told him that he would get tired quicker that way that he should breath trough his nose.

What you guys think let me know so I can prove him wrong.
          try breathing threw ur arse

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick
            has the whole exhale when you punch thing got something to do with.. if u get countered you wont have n e wind to get knocked out of you? i think someone once told me something like that.
            Getting the wind knocked out of you, is not a problem because you lose a little air in your lungs. The problem is that your breathing muscles get stunned, so you can't draw breath for a while.

Exhaling through your nose (and through clenched teeth, if need be) when punching is what I'd recommend.

Comment

Breath out when you throw a punch.
              Just try to throw punch without breathing out and with exhaling,
              You will see the difference.
              Also, punching without exhaling is bad for a liver and tires you out quicker.

Comment

Working...
              X