Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Canelo ever surpass Floyd Mayweather on an ATG list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Canelo ever surpass Floyd Mayweather on an ATG list?

Vote and discuss
    Yes
    14.29%
    No
    85.71%

Pretty sure he squandered that in September 2013.

Comment

fuck no

better question, could he be considered ATG in the future??

Comment

I don't think any current boxer other than possibly Lomanchenko and Spence can pass Floyd. Both of these guys, if they fought everyone the could and won while moving up, could have absolutely insane resumes that would warrant real debate IMO.

I do not believe Canelo can do this, especially since we all saw the Floyd/Canelo fight.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-05-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

giving up that middleweight belt really will take some coming back from

Comment

He's a young enough guy still I think he could in theory accomplish a lot of **** that could compare him to Floyd, Manny & other great fighters of past eras, but between the Floyd L & his avoidance, so far, of GGG its not looking very promising. I mean I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Vote and discuss
              nope

he isnt a special fighter, nor is the comp at 154-168 to get him there

he will be lucky to be considered an ATG period....he could make the hall though

Comment

No...he won't even surpass ODLH...www.kavinthe1.com

Comment

Ca"HELL"No

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    nope

he isnt a special fighter, nor is the comp at 154-168 to get him there

he will be lucky to be considered an ATG period....he could make the hall though

I agree that I don't see him doing it, but I do think the competition is there for him to be an ATG. Obviously a lot of what ifs, but I can definitley see a path that could get him there.

Comment

Working...
                    X