Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Joe Calzaghe stand in your P4P all time list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same shit they criticized Calzaghe is the same shit they're praising someone for. It's all about who you like. Standards don't ****ing matter with fanboys.

Kessler is the perfect example.

Comment

Calzaghe inspires such fear in Americans lol He'd clear out 168-175 if he was prime...

Comment

He was a terrific fighter, but should have fought Hopkins & RJJ much much earlier. It's a shame because he could have won back then and had more credit. I don't even rate the RJJ he fought, he was a wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Top 200 all time

Def a top ten guy since 2000
          Not sure if id say definitely.

Mayweather
          Pacquaio
          Hopkins
          Morales
          Barrera
          Marquez
          Wlad Klitschko

There's 7 he's defintely behind.

Then there's Oscar, Mosley, Wright, Froch, Ward Ermmm I'm missing some aswell that you could argue he's behind.

So yeah I disagree.
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 04-05-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

As a 168lber, without question he ranks #1 on the all time P4P list. The man retired undefeated, while competing his entire career at the same weight class. No other fighter in the history of the sport could claim that feat other than Rocky Marciano.

However, as far as an all time P4P boxer goes, he doesn't even make it to the top of my 100 best fighters list; Largely due to his weak resume because he refused to simply take risks. He never crossed the pond to fight the best in their prime and has fought almost exclusively in Wales, which has damaged his legacy in the P4P rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Not very high. At all.
              Yup....But still above Froch

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                He was a terrific fighter, but should have fought Hopkins & RJJ much much earlier. It's a shame because he could have won back then and had more credit. I don't even rate the RJJ he fought, he was a wreck.
                Roy was still in his prime. Hell he's still fighting and winning.

Comment

Top 50 for sure, top25 maybe. He was greatly under appreciated during his time and is only now gathering the respect.

His reputation as a 'slapper' is just as bull**** as Floyd's is as a 'runner'. Joe had excellent work rate and his stamina was second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    Yup....But still above Froch
                    Froch >>>>>> Calzaghe.

True story.

Comment

Top 300 All-Time.

Comment

Working...
                      X