Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anybody catch the HBO documentary on Scientology 'Going Clear' last night?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody catch the HBO documentary on Scientology 'Going Clear' last night?.

I am going to watch it tonight, hear it is supposed to be really good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6939318.html

All I needed read was "Galactic dictator kidnapped bodies and threw them in volcanos."

I had a good LOL. Hubbert is a god damn psycho and anybody who even sees anything logical in all of this needs there head checked as well. Sounds like a cult to me with the "Friends and family are told to cut ties with former members who left or "troubled" ones." Like seriously. Atleast Christianity preaches peace and love even though the Bible has some pretty ****ed up stories. I see them as more stories with strong Morales compasses to help you live your life by.

Comment

Actually the thing that bothers me most is Issac Hayes "Chef" left South Park because they made fun of this nonsense. It's like they blackmailed a bunch of celebrities to make this nonsense seem more legit hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
        All I needed read was "Galactic dictator kidnapped bodies and threw them in volcanos."

I had a good LOL. Hubbert is a god damn psycho and anybody who even sees anything logical in all of this needs there head checked as well. Sounds like a cult to me with the "Friends and family are told to cut ties with former members who left or "troubled" ones." Like seriously. Atleast Christianity preaches peace and love even though the Bible has some pretty ****ed up stories. I see them as more stories with strong Morales compasses to help you live your life by.
        Agreed, i don't get how it became so popular though.

The part about them suing/threatening the IRS is very interesting.

It was Lou Dibella's tweet that got me intrigued:

Lou DiBella @loudibella

Tom Cruse is one scary,crazy,arrogant,paranoid, deluded, programmed,Hollyweird, living argument against the cult of celebrity. #goingclear

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            Agreed, i don't get how it became so popular though.

The part about them suing/threatening the IRS is very interesting.

It was Lou Dibella's tweet that got me intrigued:

Lou DiBella @loudibella

Tom Cruse is one scary,crazy,arrogant,paranoid, deluded, programmed,Hollyweird, living argument against the cult of celebrity. #goingclear
            I read an article earlier today on cracked about how and why even smart people get tricked in to believing this stuff. here it is http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...stupid-things/

I'm going to give this a watch tonight.

Comment

I knew a brother and sister who I considered to be marginally intelligent people who moved to Missouri to reach higher levels or whatever tha ****...they suck you in, to go with the South Park theme it's like that time-share skiing episode. Apparently, if you leave it's like you're abandoning your real family. Scientology is pretty much Mormonism except with less archeological evidence.
              Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 03-30-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Don't knock it til you have been audited.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post

I honestly see no difference in Christianity and Scientology to be honest. The only difference is time. In 3,000 years if Scientology survives, people won't be laughing at it like we are now.

I watched half the documentary then fell asleep. I'm watching the rest tonight. I feel sorry for those people to be honest, falling for that dumb sh.it.

Comment

Link to doc?

Comment

Working...
                    X