No announcement yet.

would Greb is p4p number 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would Greb is p4p number 1?

if their was video footage of him...he arguably has a better resume then robinson

and most people put greb as either number 1 or 2 on p4p lists

it depends on the footage, dog. i tend to doubt that greb would look so spectacular on film that he'd outshine robinson.

robinson isn't well filmed at WW, but there's some stuff out there. he has speed, power, and a great chin. he was a pioneering technical boxer and stylist. many of your favorite greats emulated robinson's style from his middleweight run. almost all of his big fights from the 50's are filmed in good quality.

Comment

I usually rate greb in the top 10, somewhere around 6 or 7,, him and langford i switch back in forth...

1. SRR
      2. ALi
      3. Armstrong
      4. SRL
      5. Ezzard
      6. Greb
      7. Langford
      8. Louis
      9. Duran
      10. Pernell

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

you understand that this was basically footage of greb and a retired friend playing round, correct? look at the smiles on their faces. jack o'brien was in his 40's. he's actually a hall of fame boxer, with a great resume. you think that's how these guys fought?

are you saying you don't recognize the importance of context in this situation?

fighter's in greb's era didn't spar much. greb fought pro fights several times a month, and sometimes even several times a week. he had a year with close to 40 fights.

o'brien was retired before greb had even debuted.
          Last edited by New England; 01-18-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            you understand that this was basically footage of greb and a retired friend playing round, correct? look at the smiles on their faces. jack o'brien was in his 40's. he's actually a hall of fame boxer, with a great resume. you think that's how these guys fought?

are you saying you don't recognize the importance of context in this situation?

fighter's in greb's area didn't spar much. greb fought pro fights several times a month, and sometimes even several times a week. he had a year with close to 40 fights.

o'brien was retired before greb had even debuted.
            guy asked for footage so i posted footage..if you have better footage feel free to post it

Comment

guy asked for footage so i posted footage..if you have better footage feel free to post it

would you post footage of robinson clowning around in the gym if somebody asked for video of him?

and if you did, would you provide a disclaimer explaining the context? i'd be shocked if you even knew who jack o'brien was, or the context.

Comment

Greb is one of the greatest fighters of all times. Fought the most dangerous fighters in the world and beat them all during his prime. You can make an argument for him being the greatest fighter who ever lived.
                He was so avoided that he got the title shot when he was basically past his prime and half blind when he fought Johnny Wilson.
                I think before he became champion, he beat the ruling middleweight and light heavyweight world champions (Battling Levinsky) in non title fights.
                Last edited by Salardo; 01-18-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  would you post footage of robinson clowning around in the gym if somebody asked for video of him?

and if you did, would you provide a disclaimer explaining the context? i'd be shocked if you even knew who jack o'brien was, or the context.
                  I have plenty of footage to post on Robinson in which i can form an opinion on...how can i say a fighter was so great when i have 0 fottage of him and the footage i have people have to defend?? and yes i know who Jack obrien is i follow the sport just like you so please feel free to climb off of your high horse

Comment

I have plenty of footage to post on Robinson in which i can form an opinion on...how can i say a fighter was so great when i have 0 fottage of him and the footage i have people have to defend?? and yes i know who Jack obrien is i follow the sport just like you so please feel free to climb off of your high horse

larry "history" X.

sure you do, kid.

Comment

Working...
                    X