The number of empty seats at Rigo/Agbeko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    Agbeko was a disgrace to boxing
    Yeah it was really sad. We've all seen guys there just to survive and not trying to win, but this was on an entire different level of that. It's not that he wasn't trying to win the fight...he wasn't even trying to win a single round.

And how awesome was it that Roger said f**k it and basically quit the corner midway through the fight. Hell who can blame him. His fighter wouldn't even try. Dude didn't even fake like he was trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Yeah it was really sad. We've all seen guys there just to survive and not trying to win, but this was on an entire different level of that. It's not that he wasn't trying to win the fight...he wasn't even trying to win a single round.

And how awesome was it that Roger said f**k it and basically quit the corner midway through the fight. Hell who can blame him. His fighter wouldn't even try. Dude didn't even fake like he was trying.

I know Roger got annoyed **** even I was,I was rooting for Rigo but i found myself the whole fight screaming at Agbeko "HIT THAT MUDAPHUKA THROW PUNCHES DO SOMETHING!". Agbeko who usually throws 100 punches a round making Clottey look reckless I would have not guess that fight was going to be like that in a billion years it's like God wants Rigo to keep his stigma of being boring only way he was taking Agbeko down is if he broke his leg .

Comment

Half the people left after the Kirkland/Tapia fight and half of those left walked out during the middle of the main event. I don't think I've ever seen a televised boxing event on HBO look that empty. Rigondeaux is a great boxer but for some reason he's not drawing any new fans.

Comment

@harwri008, Is it John Coltrane on your avi?
          Last edited by From Russia; 12-11-2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Rigondeaux is such a unique case. He's almost too prolific for his own good. He's such a masterful counter puncher that he makes guys scared to throw -- which leads to the lulls we see in his fights. We even saw it with Donaire, who just looked incredibly hesitant to get off because he knew he was going to countered.

I'm not a Rigondeaux fan per se, but as a boxing fan watching him do his thing is pretty cool. His tactfulness in the ring is an art, no doubt.

Comment

I don't know why Bob Arum doesn't use Rigondeaux to improve the credibility of otherwise ****ty cards. Not all boxers have what it takes to be a star, but that doesn't mean they cannot be used to great effect.

Comment

He should put Rigo fights in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Rigondeaux is such a unique case. He's almost too prolific for his own good. He's such a masterful counter puncher that he makes guys scared to throw -- which leads to the lulls we see in his fights. We even saw it with Donaire, who just looked incredibly hesitant to get off because he knew he was going to countered.

I'm not a Rigondeaux fan per se, but as a boxing fan watching him do his thing is pretty cool. His tactfulness in the ring is an art, no doubt.
                  I would like to see Rigo vs Grad, i think he has bigger balls than Donaire and Agbeko, but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                    @harwri008, Is it John Coltrane on your avi?
                    Yeah, that's Coltrane.

Comment

why is it always the opponents fault.

why cant rigo go on the offensive and throw a couple punches per round?

WE NEED AN OPPONENT TO JUST WALK FORWARD AND THROW PUNCHES THEN WE CAN DUCK WEAVE DODGE AND COUNTER = umm ok i see why rigo headlines shows

RIP = retire in peace RIGO

we will never see you on tv again

passive child sized boxer yawn

Comment

Working...
                      X