Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many posters blaming Fury for his size against USS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many posters blaming Fury for his size against USS?

Reading through the comments made to the front-paper's articles about yesterdays fight between USS and Fury, I noticed, that a lot of this forum's posters do blame Fury for being so big and fighting a smaller fighter in Cunningham.

I think it is ridiculous that any poster could make negative statements about weight or size in HW boxing. As far I as remember HW is the division without limitations. You are allowed to be whatever weight or height you like.

If you do not like the differences between USS and Fury you should blame USS and not Fury - USS did know exactly what he went into when he entered HW.

Peace.

Originally posted by John Åge View Post
    Reading through the comments made to the front-paper's articles about yesterdays fight between USS and Fury, I noticed, that a lot of this forum's posters do blame Fury for being so big and fighting a smaller fighter in Cunningham.

I think it is ridiculous that any poster could make negative statements about weight or size in HW boxing. As far I as remember HW is the division without limitations. You are allowed to be whatever weight or height you like.

If you do not like the differences between USS and Fury you should blame USS and not Fury - USS did know exactly what he went into when he entered HW.

Peace.
    great post! also, fury has heart

Comment

BJ Flores and the other NBC commentators kept going on and on about size.

Cunningham CHOSE to fight at heavyweight, after a couple of losses at cruiserweight. If he's too small for heavyweight, then he should have remained at cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        BJ Flores and the other NBC commentators kept going on and on about size.

Cunningham CHOSE to fight at heavyweight, after a couple of losses at cruiserweight. If he's too small for heavyweight, then he should have remained at cruiserweight.
        Spot on, and he chose to sign to fight a big heavyweight in Fury.

Comment

A really great effort by Cunningham....gave Tyson a massive reality check about the need to keep calm, keep his guard-up and show a top fighter the due respect he deserves.

But was less impressed by the whole size excuse......heavyweight boxing is a no-limit division, you can be as big and tall as you damn well please, and Fury used his extra poundage, height and reach to good advantage on the night.

Personally speaking, I thought Fury's fitness and heart was just as important as his size this time round. He dug deep, took the fight to Cunningham and forced Steve to box at a pace that he found comfortable.

Fury's mobility and fierce workrate for such a mammoth man is a warning sign for the K brothers.

Comment

Boxing has the biggest excuse making machine in sports. I sure didn't read any excuse when USS was landing those right hand.

Comment

People weren't blaming Fury, just stating that's the only reason he won, which it was.

Comment

Great thread.

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                People weren't blaming Fury, just stating that's the only reason he won, which it was.
                So who wins between Cunningham and a prime Tye Fields?

Comment

it's because of the way that tyson fury was putting his weight on Cuningham. Leaning on Cunningham and hugging him.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
                    it's because of the way that tyson fury was putting his weight on Cuningham. Leaning on Cunningham and hugging him.
                    I loved how Naz was crying over the physicality of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X