No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns' Return Delayed To Late February, March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    his actions told otherwise................
    Well in this video he was treating the fight as if it was made and was ready to go:

http://sport.stv.tv/boxing/268992-ri...adrien-broner/

Also see his interview here: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=60

Burns wants the fights, for me anyway that much is clear. However, I won't say don't criticise him because he's not pushing Warren to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      Frank Warren wants no part of Broner. I think Burns gets beaten by Broner but I really want to see the fight
      Its a shame,its a big payday,its putting 2 champions against each other which needs to happen more often anyway-sure Burns would probably get beat,but i'm sure he would give it his all which is pretty much all you can ask of a fighter,Warren is a prick

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        The Klitschko brother's nutritionist posted on here from time to time, Ray Corso has some inside knowledge. There are others...

Did I ever claim to have inside knowledge or did I in fact claim to have knowledge of people who do?

What I've quoted is the reason why I know Broner-Burns will happen, Burns doesn't make Warren money! He's no superstar, he does moderately well in Scotland but he's not remotely big.
        you said this forum is bad and said, to its discredit, that there are few posters 'in the know' here. i was expressing bewilderment that one would choose to post on a bad forum where the contributors are not insider enough for his liking. most curious.

you don't know the fight will happen. you can only speculate like the rest of us. i speculate that the fight won't happen.

from what i've heard of Burns' purses, they're making good money in Scotland. men like Warren only pay a fighter what they're worth (that's if they're being generous), and Ricky's doing quite well. they can keep stringing that out with a view to make very good money in the long run. the JC formula.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          you said this forum is bad and said, to its discredit, that there are few posters 'in the know' here. i was expressing bewilderment that one would choose to post on a bad forum where the contributors are not insider enough for his liking. most curious.

you don't know the fight will happen. you can only speculate like the rest of us. i speculate that the fight won't happen.

from what i've heard of Burns' purses, they're making good money in Scotland. men like Warren only pay a fighter what they're worth (that's if they're being generous), and Ricky's doing quite well. they can keep stringing that out with a view to make very good money in the long run. the JC formula.
          Honestly, all these assumptions you're making are making you look stupid.

Is it a bad forum? Yes.

Does that mean I'll stop posting on here, hell no. Burns still works in JD, he's hardly living the life of a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Well in this video he was treating the fight as if it was made and was ready to go:

http://sport.stv.tv/boxing/268992-ri...adrien-broner/

Also see his interview here: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=60

Burns wants the fights, for me anyway that much is clear. However, I won't say don't criticise him because he's not pushing Warren to make it happen.
            @ 130 the man vacated his title to face Katsidis who's looked way past his best.........those are his actions not words.

even now i don't see burns pushing for this fight. he's quite comfy with fighting midcore competition while pocketing.
            Last edited by Godsfly; 01-08-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
              @ 130 the man vacated his title to face Katsidis who's looked way past his best.........those are his action s not words.

even now i don't see burns pushing for this fight. he's quite comfy with fighting midcore competition while pocketing.
              I agree, actions speak louder than words.

However, as a fighter and a man I don't think he'll be comfortable with people saying he has ducked Broner twice, I expect he'll be getting impatient for another big fight.

Comment

The Klitschko brother's nutritionist posted on here from time to time, Ray Corso has some inside knowledge. There are others...

Did I ever claim to have inside knowledge or did I in fact claim to have knowledge of people who do?

What I've quoted is the reason why I know Broner-Burns will happen, Burns doesn't make Warren money! He's no superstar, he does moderately well in Scotland but he's not remotely big.

Really? Everytime I've ever seen him post he has just come across as some patronising *******, belittling others because he thinks he is something special because he holds spit buckets for a living.
                Never seen him once post any inside info or the likes.
                Tbh I just thought it was someone trolling in the end, putting on an act of a snobby old-timer.

Comment

Honestly, all these assumptions you're making are making you look stupid.

Is it a bad forum? Yes.

Does that mean I'll stop posting on here, hell no. Burns still works in JD, he's hardly living the life of a champion.
                  what are the assumptions? i'm quoting you at your word. you say the forum is bad and that there are few posters here 'in the know'.

i don't need to assume anything about Burns' purses. all reports state his most recent payday at around £200,000. not bad at all. Warren and Burns are looking to build a brand that will deliver them more lucre in the longterm than cashing out with Broner will in the short term.

a person who posts on forums that bring him displeasure. quite the conundrum. i will now make my first assumption in the thread - you must be very bored and possibly quite lonely.

anyway, this obviously means a great deal to you, so i'll play along. let's watch events unfold and we'll see who looks stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    what are the assumptions? i'm quoting you at your word. you say the forum is bad and that there are few posters here 'in the know'.

i don't need to assume anything about Burns' purses. all reports state his most recent payday at around £200,000. not bad at all. Warren and Burns are looking to build a brand that will deliver them more lucre in the longterm than cashing out with Broner will in the short term.

a person who posts on forums that bring him displeasure. quite the conundrum. i will now make my first assumption in the thread - you must be very bored and possibly quite lonely.

anyway, this obviously means a great deal to you, so i'll play along. let's watch events unfold and we'll see who looks stupid.
                    you said this forum is bad and said, to its discredit, that there are few posters 'in the know' here. i was expressing bewilderment that one would choose to post on a bad forum where the contributors are not insider enough for his liking.

^ That's a stupid assumption.

You've echoed my sentiments on Burns' image and Warren wanting to build him up before the Broner fight. NSB does suck, you're new here so obviously you don't have the slightest clue. Displeasure?

What the fuck...

NSB is a forum filled with shit (you'll learn in time), it doesn't bother me. I'm no Larry X, BoxingScene isn't my life.

Are you British or American?

Comment

^ That's a stupid assumption.
                      it's actually a perfectly reasonable conclusion to infer from your words.

NSB does suck, you're new here so obviously you don't have the slightest clue.
                      oh dear, how assumptive. i've been reading since long before you signed up.

Displeasure?
                      meaning, the opposite of enjoyment. who enjoys bad things? the only conclusion one must draw is that you're at a loose end very often.

Are you British or American?
                      it's of no consequence what i am. internet speechboxes do not have colours or nationalities.

Comment

Working...
                      X