No announcement yet.

Was it the punch or the weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    He couldnt get his punches off because Ward was mastering the distance game, using lateral movement, setting up his shots with an effective jab and fighting inside successfully smothering Dawson when he wanted too.

Not being able to get off doesnt automatically mean it was because he was drained, Ward wasnt giving him clear openings, and Dawson isnt the type of fighter to throw when theres no opening.
    Dawson wasn't throwing anything though, not even when Ward was in front of him.

He stopped throwing, countering, his defensive reflexes left him and his lateral movement (which started great) turned into heavy legs trudging in straight lines. He looked exactly how I expect a drained fighter to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Of course it does, like he said after the fight he couldn't get his punches off.
      dont give a d*mn about "like what he said"!! i know what i saw! he has no punch output due to he was being manhandled by the better fighter!! tell that drained punch output crap to ODLH and RIOS, whom both were drained but still fought hard! regardless if they lose or was given a gift! dawson just got whooped plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
        His punch resistance was affected by the weight ... Ward doesn't hits harder than Pascal.
        Really? Have you been punched by both?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

He stopped throwing, countering, his defensive reflexes left him and his lateral movement (which started great) turned into heavy legs trudging in straight lines. He looked exactly how I expect a drained fighter to look.
          Id agree with you if it wasnt for the fact that Ive seen Dawson do this multiple times... Not throwing when he needs to, not fighting with urgency, not too mention getting beaten to the punch consistently and being hurt early.

Fight looks almost the same at 175, Ward quite simply exploited all of Dawsons weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
            dont give a d*mn about "like what he said"!! i know what i saw! he has no punch output due to he was being manhandled by the better fighter!! tell that drained punch output crap to ODLH and RIOS, whom both were drained but still fought hard! regardless if they lose or was given a gift! dawson just got whooped plain and simple.
            I know what i saw and it was a slow Dawson that was getting hurt by punches that would have had no effect at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
              Oscar fought hard?

He stood still with his hands up and got punched in the face. That was it.

Like Dawson, he had no punch output, speed or power.

Comment

He was fighting Carl Froch, Kessler, and Abraham who fought with a broken jaw... Of course he's not getting KO's...

I'm not gonna deny Dawson was having trouble with the weight, but lets not pretend that Ward had nothing to do with the outcome of this fight

My vote is BOTH with the weight having a lot to do with, but Dawson didn't look as bad as other drained fighters have looked in the past

Comment

Both. It was a great punch. But c'mon people. The last person Ward hurt was Pudwill's brother (and even that took a few round of him teeing off on at will befoe getting him out of there, IIRC).

But Ward would beat him at 175 too. Tonight you saw the difference between a true winner and a fighter who does just enough to make good paydays, with the actual physical differential in talent not being that great.

To pull a Stewardism - tonight went exactly as I thought it would (bar the KO ending).

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

cuz the fool was getn his head beat in on a consistant bases. was getting hurt
                    alot.. nah he didnt throw cuz hes slow *ss punches were dodged by ward then he paid... dude was just outclassed and outgunned

Comment

It was Ward's footwork. Hard to believe that so many people can't see that. Ward found every odd angle to make Chad miss and to tag him without getting countered. That kind of fighting not only discourages your opponent from punching, it wears him down mentally and physically.

Comment

Working...
                      X