No announcement yet.

Former Eagle Jon Runyan Wins Congressional Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Former Eagle Jon Runyan Wins Congressional Seat

TRENTON, N.J. -- Former NFL lineman Jon Runyan has won the Republican primary election in New Jersey's 3rd Congressional district.

The retired Philadelphia Eagles player is a political neophyte who will face first-term Democratic Rep. John Adler in November.

Observers anticipating the matchup say it could be one of the most competitive and expensive races in the nation this year.

Adler easily won the Democratic primary in the southern New Jersey district.

Runyan fended off a challenge from the lesser-funded Justin Murphy, who had some support from the tea party movement.

Runyan surprised some by acknowledging last month that he had been late paying property taxes on his Mount Laurel home in 16 of the past 40 quarters.

Jon Runyan's my boy.

He was easily one of the dirtiest/ toughest players in the league when he played.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      Jon Runyan's my boy.

He was easily one of the dirtiest/ toughest players in the league when he played.
      Yeah he covered Mcnabb's ass constantly .... I was just very surprised he went into politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Jon Runyan's my boy.

You took the words right out of my mind. He was a tough mother****er.

Comment

He only won the Republican nomination. Now he has to beat the Democrat that's opposing him.

Comment

Working...
          X