Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd’s Contract Ploys, Requested Olympic Drug Tests Valid or a Sign of Weakness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
    I think all fights should be dealt with in this way, i mean wtf have they been doing before???? just asking the fighters if they r on drugs?
    NO, the NASC tests for roids but apparently it's not good enough for Floyd. Consider it paranoia, or an inferiority complex from Sr and JR.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
      NO, the NASC tests for roids but apparently it's not good enough for Floyd. Consider it paranoia, or an inferiority complex from Sr and JR.
      he just wants to make sure everything is legit...i think he wants to prove that if he wins he beat pacquaio fair and square

Comment

Another poll worth putting on sticky. The fraud's lame attempt to make the fight not happen

Comment

Originally Posted by mrsjt View Post
          not surprising, this has been pre empted 2 weeks ago by this writer who has a source close to Al Haymon (sorry cant link since i have no more than 15 posts lol

Why I Believe Floyd Is Bluffing And Wants To Duck Pacquiao
          Published by Scoop Malinowski on December 4th, 2009

When Floyd really wants a fight you know it. You know when he has no fear or worries. Like before Gatti, Floyd just kept saying over and over how easy it will be, how Gatti is a D level fighter, a punching bag. It was the same thing with Hatton, how Ricky was all beaten up with scar tissue and it would be easy. I have all these quotes. Also it was that way with Oscar and Baldomir. All these fights Floyd knew would be easy, there were never any excuses or hesitations from Floyd. But with Margarito, Cotto, Mosley and too an extent with Pacquiao, Floyd has shown reluctance and hesitation to get it on. “He knows he can’t beat me. What has he done to deserve a fight with me. He has five losses. He don’t bring **** to the table. I’m bored with boxing. I might go to MMA. My body is breaking down.”

This post should be mandatory for all things Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by onedream722 View Post
            he just wants to make sure everything is legit...i think he wants to prove that if he wins he beat pacquaio fair and square
            So, you're saying that hes saying,

all of Mayweathers other fights,

weren't legit?

So in reality,

Floyd is 0-0?

Comment

Originally posted by dancast9999 View Post
              To be honest I don't even know why I post here anymore. This forum used to be the best place on the internet for true boxing debate. Now it's just constant fanboy arguing. I assume my opinion will just come off as a 'typical mayweather Mayweather fan' (even though I think Manny is one of the best things to happen to the sport)

I think mandatory Olympic style testing needs to save the sport. People that don't think Steroids are a serious problem in boxing are naive or just dumb. I mean look at the reaction in baseball over the past couple years. Sports writers constantly bring up how steroids were obviously a problem in baseball and if any fan used common sense they could conclude that something fishy was going on in the late 90s.

There are a few boxers I suspect are taking steroids or banned substances and Manny is one of them. What you Manny fans fail to understand is that most boxing historians are struggling to figure out how to rank current fighters on the All Time Great lists because we're living in a steroid era.

If Manny passes a full Olympic Blood test he would jump from my top 30 to my top five P4P ever. Seriously.
              should duran and armstrong be suspected of steroid use too?

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
                I think they should also include trainers and assistants in these tests aside from the boxers and lets see whose legs will be shaking in fear:

Freddie Roach
                Bobboy Fernandez
                Alex Ariza

Roger Mayweather
                Mayweather Sr.

That makes no sense at all.

If Floyd refused to be tested along with Manny then there would really be something to talk about.

Comment

i think that it's just tactics by floyd and his team. if there is any abuse on manny's side, something like this will cause disruption, if not, then it fuels manny even more. so it could be a double edge sword.

im just curious about floyds take on himself being so great and can beat anyone with ease, no one is on his level according to him, so why then is he so worried if pac is juicing? at least with this kind of approach, because by floyds take on himself he can beat anyone on any given day under and circumstances, so i don't know why other than he feels he needs a psychological advantage. to me it's bush league, he's better than that, but then again, it's what children tend to do, play games, and you have to think that that is exactly what fighters, managers, promoters do is play games.

there was a thread on here talking about manny's weight over the past few years and i thought that it summed things up pretty well showing manny's natural growth into WelterWeight. it clearly showed that when he was fighting below welterweight, that he would hydrate up to or near welterweight the night of the fight, and i don't remember manny blowing up to 160 or anything, he might have added a few pounds, but not anything that would suggest him using or doing anything out of the norm.

drug testing in nevada has been pretty tight, i'm sure some have slipped through the cracks, but overall their track record is good.

with that all being said, one thing i have known and learned early in life, and have seen it happen a lot recently, is that, those who are the ones accusing someone of doing something wrong, especially on speculation with no evidence, are usually doing or have done what they're accusing the other for........ we've all seen it too much and it is usually about 95% holds true. anyone so quick to shake a stick, might be trying to cover their own ass or divert attention away form them so they can grease the squeaky wheel.

Comment

Working...
                  X