Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Edwin Valero one of the best lightweights in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes Edwin Valero one of the best lightweights in the world?

He did some decent stuff at 130 and has one fight at 135 pounds. So why does HBO hype him up as one of the best 3 lightweights in the world? I would rank at least 5 guys ahead of him.

Beating the kid from the movie Holes should not rank you that high

Boxing skills and defense, he gets a failing grade for his rank. But his brawler and bully style with punching power, that I sometimes see flashes of Pacquiao, generates a lot of buzz. Even though he has fought tomato cans his first 90% of his opposition he is 25-0 with 25 KOs. His first 19 fights he knocked them out in the first round!!!!! You mean to tell me none of the first 19 could play it safe and run around just to see what Valero was bringing. Valero is a very rough diamond but imagine if he had a trainer like Freddie Roach to refine his skills over 8 years like with Pacquiao. Even with Pac's distractions around, he had the discipline and focus to do what Freddie said, but who says Valero couldn't do the same. Before the PAC vs Dela Hoya fight they were in talks of a Pacquiao vs Valero possibility but when DLH offers you a fight, you don't turn it down unless your like Mayweather or Trinidad, I guess that turned out well for them hehehe. But getting back to the topic, I really wanted to see Pacquiao vs Valero. Both guys seem to have hearts of lions, and I think that would have been a brawl of the the likes of Hagler Hearns. Hopefully Valero can build up his cred, resume, and popularity so that it is still in the future. I know Pacquiao and his camp are talking of retiring soon but I say he still has 2-4 years of dominance in him.

Comment

Simply put, 25 have tried, 25 have been knocked out! He's kinda a bum though in my opinion, if someone can halfway take his punch, probably like Humberto Soto, then we shall see what he's about.

Comment

his 100% win to ko rate.

Comment

is this the guy from holes???

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            his 100% win to ko rate.
            vs who tho......

i can fight 100 girls and get 100 ko's

Comment

[QUOTE=RealDeal90;6814629]vs who tho......

/QUOTE]

24 unknowns and 1 decent opponent......

Comment

Nothing, he isn't one of the best lightweights in the world until he fights one of the best lightweights in the world. Valero has natural ability but his style just shouts bad beatdown for Valero the second he fights someone who can box.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spray_resistant;6814638]
                  Originally posted by RealDeal90 View Post
                  vs who tho......

/QUOTE]

in that case

best lightweight right now

bring on estavan cevantes

Comment

[quote=Spray_resistant;6814638]
                    Originally posted by RealDeal90 View Post
                    vs who tho......

/QUOTE]

He did wreck Pitalua worse than anyone ever has and Pitalua beat Santa Cruz.

He just needs to get his problems and his licensing sorted out.

Because the options seem to be Texas and overseas right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X