Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs Glad Golovkin Fight Didn't Happen December 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    who cares ?

fcuk Golovkin's 4 **** fights per year

those who have stated that Golovkin/Jacobs should not be on PPV..... I can't really argue with you, other than.....

I am not a casual fan..... only saw highlights of the Brook fight, and I will never watch Golovkin/Wade..... and yet, I will buy Golovkin/Jacobs

..... so, go figure ?

I have seen TONNES of lower-level/**** fights during my lifetime, not interested in watching supposed stars face over-matched opponents..... I definitely favor Golovkin over Jacobs, but that fight could get interesting.

PPV is only $40 here..... I know it is the principle that counts..... but I wouldn't watch a mismatch for free, and yet I really want to watch Golovkin/Jacobs..... so I have no choice, and I don't really mind too much

I have only ever seen 1 mismatch that I enjoyed.
    Every GGG fan cares. The man in 34 years old we want to see him in action as much as possible and enjoy the entertainment he provides while he has a few years left in his prime. Jacobs is a **** fight in itself that's why we didn't need him dragging on only reason he's even mentioned is because he is the mandatory.

He's undoubtedly the most exciting fighter there is out there! No question..TBH he could be fighting the TIN man for all I care long as he's fighting 4 times a year I'm tuning in!

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      Every GGG fan cares. The man in 34 years old we want to see him in action as much as possible and enjoy the entertainment he provides while he has a few years left in his prime. Jacobs is a **** fight in itself that's why we didn't need him dragging on only reason he's even mentioned is because he is the mandatory.

He's undoubtedly the most exciting fighter there is out there! No question..TBH he could be fighting the TIN man for all I care long as he's fighting 4 times a year I'm tuning in!

Pure comedy

Comment

Originally posted by Vnecaxa View Post
        That's the problem with boxing now: good fighters are willing to wait out a year or more for a big payout instead of fighting 3-4 times a year like they used to 15-20 years ago. Fighters like Canela, Ward, Andrade, etc are doing more damage to boxing and moving fans to UFC.
        You hit the nail on the head, things are different now, you see guys going over a year without a fight. I personally tune into UFC more myself and it sucks.

Comment

well, fair enough

I cannot tell you what to watch, or what to enjoy..... and there will be others who feel the same as you

but I have seen tonnes of punchers, and I have seen tonnes of lower-level fights/mismatches..... not my cuppa tea

Jacobs is a clear level above Wade/Brook in terms of a meaningful opponent.....

Comment

Really difficult to fathom why a nobody like Jacob feels he has the right to drag on negotiations and make it "complicated". Guy beat Peter Quillin and no one else. Was Mora even in the top 10?

Comment

Trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about. So, was it that there need to be more time for training, or was that a bluff for negotiations to become satisfactory? It feels like he's alluding to the latter but he's overall telling us nothing here. I'm curious because it feels like his team took several months too long for this to happen. I hate this fighting twice a year stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Vnecaxa View Post
                That's the problem with boxing now: good fighters are willing to wait out a year or more for a big payout instead of fighting 3-4 times a year like they used to 15-20 years ago. Fighters like Canela, Ward, Andrade, etc are doing more damage to boxing and moving fans to UFC.
                Ronda Rousey just got the **** beat out of her, Conor McGregor is said to be taking off 10 months from fighting, and Jon "Bones" Jones (the p4p best fighter in the UFC at the moment, with only "Mighty Mouse" Johnson being in the conversation) is another 6 months away from being allowed to fight again.

Brock Lesnar is always good for at least one more fight, but don't kid yourself into talking up the UFC bigger than it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  I'm sure overall regular networks broadcasting boxing are a lost cause but damn it would be nice to see fights on ABC, CBS, and NBC on Saturday's again.
                  In due time; PBC's Phase 1 is basically done this year, so the 50 shows (beyond the fight cards that Showtime/CBS are paying for) for PBC are going to head under one/a couple umbrellas.

Channels need to juggle the content they've commited to, but a summer boxing series on ESPN, quarterly shows on BounceTV, and the rest of the shows under Showtime/CBS/SpikeTV/CBSSports [FS1 has real interest in a smaller-scale boxing series, which Richard Schaefer is likely to get the first opportunity to deliver for] isn't an impossibility.

Comment

Who says it will even be competitive? What has Jacobs done in his career to prove he will be competitive with GGG besides get KTFO in 5 rds by a fighter who fights a lot like GGG with less power.

Oh wait he ??? KO'ed Quillin whom GGG had doing the bambi in sparring he was nothing but a sparring partner for GGG...
                    lol. Gennady Golovkin fights like Dmitri Pirog?

Have you ever even seen Pirog fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Agree PPV sucks but I'd still much rather the best fights happen on PPV than not happen at all because the money isn't there for it to happen on premium cable. Likewise, I'd rather Miguel Cotto's tune-up fights happen on PPV than have HBO waste their limited budget on them for WCB broadcasts.

HBO should save all it's boxing budget $ for quality, not quantity. And when there isn't enough money to put quality fights on regular HBO or Showtime, then make it PPV so at least the fight happens and the sport is not held up. And don't waste precious boxing budget money on mismatches, with stars or otherwise. No mismatches. Hell I wish they would have put Terence Crawford vs John Molina on PPV too. Save that money for an actual competitive fight. Put all that **** on PPV. I'm all for it. Keep the boxing budget for the good fights. Peter Nelson had the absolute perfect idea targeting Loma-Walters and GGG-Jacobs for late in the year instead of four **** shows or something. Quality over quantity. As far as I'm concerned Nelson is right on the money with that philosophy. Now, he needs to push fighters like Canelo and Ward to fight the best sooner, and not always wait for late in the year. Boxing fans want elite fights in January, February, March, etc, not just September.
                      Excellent Post and us boxing fans saw this theory of quality over quantity in action.... eg.loma vs rocky and loma vs walters or chocolate vs Cuadras or Salido vs Frankie Vargas.....I think that gardner they got moonlighting as a boxer at featherweight....valdez is gonna be a good fighter ...I saw him fight on the Crawford vs Postol fight.....I was surprised that Arum didn't get Crawford off the hook for that petty crime he was accused of......

Comment

Working...
                      X